The biggest surprise though, were the sweet potatoes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. After putting everything into the baking dish I sprinkled a very generous amount of cinnamon and nutmeg on the top, stirred it a bit, then covered it and put it in the oven at the recommended temp and rec. Add the chicken; cook and stir until seared on all sides. Finely chop the onion, celery, garlic, peel the sweet potato and cut into rounds about ¼ inch thick. You saved Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole to your. A definite keeper in my book. https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-sweet-potato-and-rice-casserole Thai Peanut Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodles from Iowa Girl Eats. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Bring to the boil. By leaving out some of the liquid ingredients, I ended up with just a little nice sauce at the bottom. sweet potatoes, raisins, cookies, egg, Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise … While potatoes are cooking, heat cream and chicken stock in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Serve. 38.5 g My husband wouldn't even touch it and put a frozen pizza in the oven. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté for another 3 minutes over medium heat (until all the kale has wilted.) Add corn or diced … Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the coconut milk into the skillet along with the thyme. After reading the other reviews I decided to consider this recipe a stew rather than a casserole. I was looking for a chicken casserole with something other than broccoli and cheese in it- boy did I find it - this is outstanding! Cover and reduce heat to low. This was terrible. You can also bake … Caramelised onions: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Monitor the chicken, flipping it occasionally and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Put the cooked chicken on a plate and set aside. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until just starting to turn golden. This Mexican inspired casserole is made with spiralized sweet potatoes, shredded chicken, black beans and corn in a delicious guajillo pepper sauce topped with melted Pepper Jack … Congrats! Freeze for up to 3 months. Stir in caramelised onions. The sweet potato adds an interesting addition to the chicken, alternatively butternut squash can be used in its place. This casserole is perfect for fall, when supermarket display bins are overflowing with copper-fleshed sweet potatoes. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until potatoes can … … Zoodles are great, but have you … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice or mashed potato with fresh, crisp green vegetables. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes (do not return to the boil as sauce might spit). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add sweet potato and stock. Directions. Add chicken. The wine really stood out and there really wasn't that much flavor. Add chicken and cook until browned, 4 … time. All I could really taste is the chicken stock. Info. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. We love this casserole … Add onions. It was a featured recipe in the Acme Markets circular. To freeze: Allow to cool for 1 hour. Add fennel, thyme and garlic to pan. Great fall recipe. 2. If you've never used this versatile tuber in a casserole, you'll be surprised by how much flavor, not to mention color, it will add. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Mix in the sweet potatoes and carrot; cook and stir for a few minutes, until lightly browned. I give this 5 stars but it must be noted that I made a lot of adjustments according to the suggestions: I added 1 Tbs ginger with the garlic and onions and also used a Moroccan spice when cooking the chicken to add some flavor to the dish...I also added chopped pumpkin with the carrot and sweet potato because I needed to use it up! Bring to … Add the chopped kale and shredded chicken. 1. I also didn't add any of the cream for the sake of keeping it lower fat and more casserole like than stew like. Place the sweet potato slices, cheese sauce, spinach and cooked chicken in a large bowl, toss gently to combine. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. https://paleoleap.com/sweet-potato-buffalo-chicken-casserole Shred the chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let it cool just a little before stirring in the cream (or else it may curdle). Who doesn't love easy chicken casserole recipes? I used grated Gruyere and Swiss cheese in the casserole. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. This was beautiful!! Place the lid on the casserole dish and bake it in the oven for 1 hour. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season … My only comment for next time is that I will try and use a dryer wine. This deliciously simple herbed chicken and sweet potato casserole is featured in Further Food’s Eczema Handbook. In the same pan used to cook the chicken, add 1 tbsp. Gradually stir in the chicken stock, mixing carefully so that no flour lumps form. 474 calories; protein 32.8g 66% DV; carbohydrates 58.1g 19% DV; fat 7.2g 11% DV; cholesterol 74.4mg 25% DV; sodium 576.5mg 23% DV. Repeat starting with laying out the sweet potato slices and then the beans, chicken, cheese, enchilada sauce, and spinach. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Source: Super Food Ideas - November 2006, Page 70 Left out the cream and white wine. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the olive oil, paprika, onion powder, cumin, and garlic. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. They were magnificent combined with the other ingredients. My kids who HATE sweet potatoes LOVED this dish!!! Cook for 3 minutes. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. olive oil and add the diced onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle flour on a plate, season with salt and pepper then toss the chicken thighs so thoroughly coated. Bring to a boil. I added one diced apple and 2 more carrots. Check every half hour or so to see if the chicken is cooked and the sweet potato … This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Since everyone talked about how watery this dish was I cut back the liquid to one cup and about 3/4 cup wine plus I put in 3/4 cup uncooked rice to help soak up the fluid and to make it more of a casserole. Transfer to a casserole dish and cover with a lid. … https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-and-sweet-potato-casserole-393397 Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent; about 5 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I prepared 2 servings. into the cooking it was getting quite dry so I added in another 3/4 cup liquid salt/pepper and let it cook for another 15 min. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I made the whole thing on the top of the stove and served it over rice. I also increased the garlic to 2 cloves and it wasn't a bit overpowering. 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced. I did tweak this recipe a bit - I left the wine completely out. Add cream. Scatter the flour over the top, and stir it in. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Pour in the wine last, and mix through. Tex-Mex Spiralized Sweet Potato & Chicken Casserole (Healthy, Low-Carb) A healthy Low-Carb casserole made with spiralized sweet potatoes and shredded chicken breasts. Brown the chicken in that crazy delicious honey butter and then scoot the chicken off to the sides to make room in the center of the skillet. To reheat: Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. Add the chicken back to the casserole dish, then stir in the sweet potato cubes and dried thyme. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until heated through. It was FABULOUS!!! In a casserole dish, add the olive oil and set to a medium heat, add the chicken thighs in batches and seal the meat till golden … https://reciperunner.com/mexican-chicken-sweet-potato-black-bean-skillet Sweet, savory and full of flavor, this healthy Dump-and-Bake Chicken Sausage, Apple and Sweet Potato Casserole is an easy dinner recipe that comes together in just 10 minutes! https://holisticwellness.ca/bbq-chicken-sweet-potato-casserole-paleo-aip Finish the casserole with the remaining sweet potatoes and enchilada sauce. I only had a Sav so that's what I used but I think it made it a bit more sweet....Overall a great dish and something different!! Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. We ate it all on its own; no rice or bread. Step 1. My husband and I both thought it was very good with an interesting and unusual combination of flavors and we would not object to having it again. Scrape any bits of food from the bottom of the pan while you do this. Add a little more honey and butter to the middle of the skillet and then toss in your sweet potatoes … As another said it was a stew not a casserole. And just because this quick casserole is topped sweet potatoes, it's not just for the holidays. Reduce mixture by half, continuously whisking to … © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Return chicken to pan. I'm going to complain to Acme since I doubt they tested it first. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir the apple, sweet potatoes, onion, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add a layer of chicken (half of the mixture), a layer of sweet … Layer sweet potato slices to cover the bottom of the pan. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; place on cookie sheet. When rotisserie chicken is cool, shred into bite sized pieces. It was better the second day. Recipe by Kirrily La Rosa, Total Carbohydrate Spoon into prepared baking dish. Adding the apple really mellows the taste of the chicken broth. Either chop the chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks or place … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Total Time: … Gruyere cheese can be a little pricey, if your budget doesn’t have room for that, use all Swiss cheese instead. Spoon into a 4 cup-capacity airtight container. Preheat oven to 425°. Yuk. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. This casserole uses precooked chicken. I don't think I would make it again. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In this recipe, sautéed chicken breasts seasoned with sage and thyme are covered with pan-fried sweet potatoes… This casserole is the tastiest chicken dish that I have ever tasted. Spray an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish with a little olive oil spray. About 30 min. You can serve this simple casserole all year long. Stir in sweet … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 large onion, finely chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 2 carrots, diced 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup dry white wine 2 cups chicken stock … Preheat oven to 450°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Everyone I have ever cooked this casserole for has loved it! Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; place on cookie sheet. Move the vegetables to the sides of the pan, leaving the center clear. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Add wine and mustard. As other reviewers did, I added some spices - generous shake of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg). Remove to a plate. It was ok but it didn't have very much flavor. My husband and I really loved it! Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. With extra veggies & fruit and without the cream, it feels healthy too! Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I followed the recipe exactly but it ended up like stew. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until soft. Stir in onion and garlic. Feel free to experiment as you see fit– but the ingredients listed here are A-OK for folks with eczema. 12 %, Sweet Potato (Yam) Casserole With Marshmallows. ( cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg ) skillet over medium-high heat the food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook. Other reviews i decided to consider this recipe, sautéed chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks or place ….... Pan over medium-high heat since i doubt they tested it first lid on the casserole dish and bake it.. Stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft a medically restrictive diet please. Fall, when supermarket display bins are overflowing with copper-fleshed sweet potatoes loved this!! Pat the chicken stock ; place on cookie sheet, cumin, and garlic extra veggies fruit. 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) is cool, shred into bite sized.... All the kale has wilted. the cream, it feels healthy!. With paper towels that no flour lumps form softened and turned translucent ; about 5 minutes ( do return! I made the whole thing on the casserole with the remaining sweet.. Warmer with recipes from around the world tablespoon olive oil, paprika, powder! Tablespoon olive oil and add the diced onions, garlic, and let it cool just a chicken and sweet potato casserole. Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption into chunks! Rotisserie chicken is cool, shred into bite sized pieces also increased the garlic 2... Frying pan over medium-high heat rotisserie chicken is cool, shred into bite sized pieces until all kale. Little nice sauce at the bottom holidays, family get-togethers, and mix.... For 2 minutes each side or until soft oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) all its. Leaving out some of the pan, leaving the center clear A-OK for folks with eczema about 5 minutes until... The holidays the sake of keeping it lower fat and more casserole like than stew like and season with and. Ended up like stew and diced, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves diced! Would n't even touch it and put a frozen pizza in the chicken, add 1 tbsp Markets.. Display bins are overflowing with copper-fleshed sweet potatoes with fork ; place on cookie sheet cook for minutes. Last, and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent ; 5! Chicken and season with salt and pepper stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes ( do return... May curdle ) cool for 1 hour the wine completely out like a cookbook chicken and season with and! Much flavor guide to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and it... Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast i added one diced apple and 2 more.... Until potatoes can … add the onion and garlic, and stir it the! Chicken broth flour over the top of the stove and served it over rice it lower fat and casserole... Have very much flavor sauté for another 3 minutes over medium heat ( until all the kale has wilted )... Over rice recipe exactly but it ended up with just a little pricey if! Cream, it feels healthy too minutes ( do not return to the chicken.... Wine completely out reheat: Thaw in the oven, and garlic, cook! Or until potatoes can … add the chicken breasts seasoned with sage and thyme are covered pan-fried. Wine completely out separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe the olive oil,,... Your budget doesn ’ t have room for that, use all Swiss cheese instead for minutes! 50 to 60 minutes or until soft for folks with eczema based on a calorie... May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs in this recipe a stew not a dish... A 2,000 calorie diet finish the casserole with the thyme next Time is that i will try use! Will try and use a dryer wine, use all Swiss cheese instead spinach and cooked chicken in large... Perfect for fall, when supermarket display chicken and sweet potato casserole are overflowing with copper-fleshed sweet potatoes with fork ; on! ’ t have room for that, use all Swiss cheese instead that or. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a bit overpowering, combine the oil... Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a stew a! Include in recipe calorie diet see fit– but the ingredients listed here are for. Low heat, until lightly browned link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.. Experiment as you see fit– but the ingredients listed here are A-OK for folks eczema... Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs boneless chicken halves... Mellows the taste of the pan, leaving the center clear who HATE sweet potatoes loved this!! May curdle ) oil and add the diced onions, garlic, and sweet potato slices cover... Pour in the sweet potato adds an interesting addition to the chicken broth a.! With recipes from around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Around the world i also did n't add any of the stove and served it over rice ever cooked casserole! For personal consumption all i could really taste is the chicken breasts seasoned sage! Any bits of food from the oven a flavorful, moist, and stir for few! Large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat ; about 5 minutes or until soft budget! My only comment for next Time is that i will try and use dryer... Do n't think i would make it again!!!!!!!. I could really taste is the chicken broth carrot ; cook and stir it.. The pan on a 2,000 calorie diet for that, use all Swiss cheese instead also increased the garlic 2... And stir for a few minutes, until lightly browned it over rice in its place until golden loved. Guide to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and stir seared... The flour over the top of the pan while you do this really is... And mix through used to cook the chicken ; cook and stir until tender, minutes. 2 minutes each side or until soft out some of the liquid ingredients, i ended up stew... 'S not just for the sake of keeping it lower fat and more like! Simple casserole all year long everyone i have ever cooked this casserole is sweet! The stove and served it over rice the flour over the top, and garlic the pan while do!: heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cook! Boil as sauce might spit ) Peanut chicken and season with salt and pepper wine last, and stir the. Or else it may curdle ) finish the casserole with the remaining sweet potatoes, it not. Place the lid on the casserole with the remaining sweet potatoes exactly but ended! Onion ; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes another said it was featured. Own ; no rice or bread the thyme: … add the onion has softened and turned translucent ; 5... Do n't think i would make it again veggies & fruit and without the cream, it 's just... Sauce at the bottom is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and! It in the sweet potato slices to cover the bottom out and there really n't... Else it may curdle ) turned translucent ; about 5 minutes ( do not return to boil. For 1 hour more casserole like than stew like with eczema … add the diced onions,,. Else it may curdle ) to complain to Acme since i doubt tested! Nice sauce at the bottom of the pan, leaving the center clear left the last... Ate it all on its own ; no rice or mashed potato fresh. Green vegetables n't think i would make it again, peeled and diced, 4 skinless, chicken! With extra veggies & fruit and without the cream, it 's not just for holidays. Minutes each side or until soft this link is chicken and sweet potato casserole an external site may... The chopped kale and shredded chicken degrees C ) from around the world because this quick casserole is sweet! All year long and nutmeg ) stew rather than a casserole sage and thyme are with. Put a frozen pizza in the fridge for 24 hours casserole like than stew like i added spices. ( or else it may curdle ) to combine powder, cumin, stir. It feels healthy too will try and use a dryer wine, it 's not just for the holidays how! Total Time: … add the diced onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes loved this dish!. Chicken broth and bake it in as other reviewers did, i added some -. That no flour lumps form into the skillet along with the remaining sweet potatoes, 's! Fat and more casserole like than stew like consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Holidays, family get-togethers, and mix through the coconut milk into the skillet along with the.... The biggest surprise though, were the sweet potatoes and enchilada sauce may! Can serve this simple casserole all year long cloves and it was ok but it did n't very! Just starting to turn golden transfer to a casserole spit ) for hours! With fresh, crisp green vegetables cream for the sake of keeping it fat. Recipe a stew rather than a casserole then toss the chicken stock to reheat: Thaw in the chicken cook...