You could even leave it in the oven overnight, I do that from time to time, just cover with a kitchen towel. Makes For me, that is my mom’s homemade Croatian… Read more “Spinach Pita Recipe ” November 13, 2017 November 13, 2017 by theartofeuropeanfoods. I hope you can tell me if you have in english the recipes for both sweet & salty cheese pita & also something called Kipfle. If you like I will try to get the recipe from her as she lives interstate. , Your email address will not be published. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Bet you haven’t had that one before! I’m Aida and I photograph, film and develop recipes + write stories about the Balkans for the folks who want to more about its people and food. Hi, my name is Mirjana & I’m from Perth, Western Australia. Just wondering if this still tastes good after being in the fridge for the night? Spinach pie made with phyllo, is a tasty, 45-min and under quiche-like dish made by stuffing phyllo dough with spinach and cheese. voraciousvegetarian.com/fw-recipe-slug/bosnian-pita-spinach-cheese ). 4. I think I’m dreaming of a vacation… perhaps off the Mediterranean. I’ll be honest with you, I still haven’t found cheese for pita that I’m crazy about in the US. I was on travel and just found your comment. The best pita is one made with homemade dough. There are two ways to create burek: with homemade dough or with phyllo dough (pre-made store-bought). Pre-heat oven to 3500 F. Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, Source: Anka Prkacin, "Our Favorite Recipes," St. Anthony Croatian and drained fresh spinach). Ladle batter into The document has been permanently moved. Once you start making pita, you can cut down the sheets to fit your pan exactly. Article from mysticcakes.com. Wash the spinach, cut it and layer it, sprinkling a generous amount of salt on each layer. Mix in spinach. Burek or börek recipe: A very easy step by step recipe for a Serbian style ground meat or cheese filled pastry, made with phyllo dough. ★☆ (What you don’t eat, keep in foil in the fridge for up to a few days. Amazing! Crush grapes until you have a gallon of juice; strain and cook boiling Pre-heat oven to 3500 F. Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, beaten egg, and salt. Croatian Recipes.. tortillas, then spread evenly with spinach mixture. parsley. Filed Under: Pies & Quiches, Vegetarian27 Comments, $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["efb1a2f2-36c2-40e1-ac28-1a31eac0d3f8"]); }). Heat the oven to full heat (200 or 220C). Burek is the typical Croatian streetfood. Bake eggplants and sweet peppers at 350: F until tender when pierced In this recipe we will be using the pre-made phyllo dough. stirring constantly over low flame. Your email address will not be published. Source: Croatia Net website at ★☆ the whole pan. Cook rice If feta is not your favorite cheese, it can be eliminated and made with cottage cheese and sour cream only. Discover (and save!) For a simplified method of making pita (for beginners) click here. Makes 6 large or 8 small pancakes. 3. Ćevapčići is grilled ground beef served with pita and Bosnian roasted red pepper sauce; it’s very similar to kofte. Probably one of the most loved foods from the Balkans. Simply roll up the dough with the filling bake. There are many, many dishes of spinach and cheese pies, strudels, triangles, rolls and any other way you could possibly think of wrapping spinach and cheese in pastry!This delicious cheese and spinach pie was a challenge to adapt to veganism - but the result was well worth it. I USED A CAKE TESTER ALONG THE WAY. Brush oil thinly on top of tortillas, then spread evenly with spinach mixture. beaten egg, and salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Instructions Whisk olive oil, milk, 1egg, yogurt, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Heat a few drops of oil in a non-stick frying pan. This delicious dessert pie has a meringue-like blackberry filling on a sweet buttery crust topped with a crumble topping. Pour into 9 x 13-1/3 x 2-inch deep Skim well, add cubed vegetables, onion, garlic cloves, This popular dish can be enjoyed with a … 3) Burek or pita. This way you get all the goodness of spinach, without realizing you’re eating a lot of it. Read more → Pogacha Bread. Brush oil thinly on top of tortillas, then spread evenly with spinach mixture. Add lemon juice. Gibanica – a Serbian recipe for a delicious layered cheese pie or cheese pita made with phyllo or yufka dough and lots of cheese. Pita Od Kupina – Croatian Blackberry Pie. Thinly oil a 9x12 baking pan. Sorry for the delay! The Cook December 10, 2013 Bread Recipes. Börek (Turkish pronunciation: ; also burek and other variants) is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough such as phyllo or yufka, typically filled with meat, cheese or vegetables.It is found in the cuisines of Western Asia, the Balkans, the South … Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Cut the Savoy THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE RECIPE WERE PUT INTO A KITCHEN AIDE 5 QUART MIXER AND THEN SPOONED OUT EQUALLY OVER THE FOUR LAYERS OF FILO DOUGH. May 16, 2017 - food, recipes, recepti, kolači, torte, sitni kolači, kulinarski blog Leave to wilt for a good half hour. MEDITERRANEAN PLJESKAVICA $17.95 13 oz juicy Mediterranean burger served with freshly baked pita bread. Until I was 20, the only green vegetable I ate was spinach, and only then because my yiayia filled her spanakopita to the brim with it. So hooked you’ll eventually move over to making your own dough. Along with pljukanci, a spindle-shaped pasta, it's the most popular homemade and hand-rolled pasta in Istria. Pita (pronounced “pe-tah”, with a strong, hard “t,” not “pe-da”) is a vegetable, meat, or cheese filled thin dough that’s baked, and then sprinkled with milk or butter at the end. I can also guess with great certainty one of the meals they’ll serve you will be pita. Boil the cabbage separately. There are some of you that like spinach just by itself, and Aleksandra’s SAUTEED SPINACH will knock you out. Step 2: place your apple slices in a large pan (which helps the water evaporate quicker) and add your sugar, cinnamon and only 1/4 cup of water to get the apples sweating.I then cook them for 10 minutes to evaporate some of the water but, you still need to leave some so the cake stays moist. Step 2 Brown ground beef in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes. However, I wanted to introduce you to making pita in the most painless way (which in this case translates to using store bought phyllo dough), so that you actually have the motivation to make it. Cover bottom of pan with 1 layer of tortillas. The only thing I changed was the baking temperature, because my oven tends to run on the hot side. RAVE REVIEWS FROM THE SERBIAN FAMILY. It consists mainly of dough layers and lots of cheese, an easy recipe, quick to put together and which is … Cheese, spinach, potato, zucchini, and even apple and sugar cream fillings are merely called "[the name of the filling] pita". Leave the spinach to sit for about 10 minutes to allow the salt to draw out the water from the vegetable. Thinly oil a 9×12 baking pan. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). ; Another similar recipe that features buttered layers of filo dough is Serbian burek which can be filled with cheese, meat or spinach. Tortillas must form the top layer. I’ve explained where you can get phyllo dough in the baklava recipe. Layer 2 phyllo sheets on the bottom of the pan on top of each other brushing each with oil before adding the next layer. Pancakes with cottage cheese (Palacinke sa sirom). Wash and drain spinach. mixture to the soup, stirring The Cook November 7, 2015 Blackberries. with a clean towel for 10 min., then serve. Hi! Reheat in microwave or eat cold. vegetables. Get new content delivered directly to your inbox! Bosnian Pita (phyllo pie) with Spinach Filling. Thank you so much. bring to the boil. (If you are so inclined, you can check out pitas we made with homemade phyllo dough aka jufka. Peel skin from hot vegetables and chop or mince the In a bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, cheeses, eggs and salt. I USED YOUR RECIPE WITH SOME IMPROVIZATION: food, recipes, recepti, kolači, torte, sitni kolači, kulinarski blog. 5. Close it with a lid. Some popular fillings are ground beef or lamb, feta, spinach, and parsley. Pita is a very traditional dish in Bosnian and Herzegovina. Pile into a glass dish and sprinkle with GIBANICA RECIPE. TWO 9 OZ PACKAGES OF CHOPPED FROZEN SPINACH HAND SQUEEZED TO REMOVE AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE AFTER BEING THAWED OUT. The document has been permanently moved. My personal favorite was spinach … Mix in spinach. The recipe for the cheese pie (sirnica) is ultimately the same, although I also add feta cheese instead of spinach. $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["40ed50f3-3e31-4ed0-a545-3f12733edf28"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["1f591dac-a962-45a0-9b24-6586b24bd31c"]); }), Copyright © 2020 Balkan Lunch Box  //  Site by. pan. the meat is tender, strain the soup and set the meat and vegetables aside. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine spinach, 1 pound grated brick cheese, 1 pound undrained large-curd creamed cottage cheese, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, 6 large beaten eggs, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, and set aside. your own Pins on Pinterest Add the chopped onion and cook until fragrant, 3-5 minutes. … I would love to make these. Croatian cuisine: Fuzi, a typical hand-rolled pasta from Istria Fuzi is a quill-shaped homemade pasta typical for Istria. Also, if you’re more cheese than spinach, then the CHEESE PHYLLO PIE is your answer. Gibanica is one of the most popular dishes in Serbia. For a simplified method of making pita (for beginners) click here. of frozen spinach salt and pepper to taste 3 ounces of butter 1 cup of kajmak – to make this you will need: 1.5 sticks of butter 2 tbsp. An Eastern European delicacy. Add the spinach, salt and pepper. Great idea though, there is always a potential of finding something similar to what’s back home in those places. Not as much, maybe 4-5 ounces, and then I mix it really well with cottage and ricotta (and rest of the ingredients). Since traditional cheese pie is the dish that is prepared fast and easy, and doesn’t require many groceries, it has spread very fast and became popular all over Balkan.Records of this meal exist since 12th century. Most packages are 1 lb packages, and that’s all you’ll need for one meal. Oil a 10X14 inch baking pan. If the dough is sticky add more flour. You’ll most assuredly end up getting invited for dinner at their house sooner or later. ★☆. Combine warm water, vinegar and oil and slowly start pouring into flour mixing the whole time. (If phyllo is larger than the pan, fold it a little bit on the sides until it fits.). ; Another similar recipe that features buttered layers of filo dough is Serbian burek which can be filled with cheese, meat or spinach. Spinach filling (blanched spinach, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, salt) Preparation: Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add slowly 1 1/2 (cups? Apr 5, 2020 - Explore Žana Mišević's board "slana jela" on Pinterest. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Pogacha is a white bread claimed by Serbians, Croatians and Macedonians. The pies are typically sold by street vendors and come with a variety of different savory fillings. cabbage into strips. Mix the egg yolks with the sour cream and lemon There are a few European and Latin markets. and lemon juice. sour cream 4 tbsp. So glad you and your family liked it! Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the garlic Layer 2 sheets on top of the filling, and brush each with oil before adding the next layer. Réfrigérer ou congeler dans des sacs en plastique refermables. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat, then turn over and Spinach pie (Pita sa spinatom) 12 large (burrito-size) tortillas; 2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (or cooked, chopped and drained fresh spinach) 1 egg; 3 cups dry curd cottage cheese; 1 cup sour cream ; 1/4 tsp salt; Pre-heat oven to 3500 F. Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, beaten egg, and salt. Here is a recipe for the potato one and the one with meat and potatoes. There you’ll look for long phyllo sheets. For all subsequent layers, tortillas must be brushed with oil on both sides. I have found somewhat similar fresh cheese in Mexican supermarkets . Lightly brush a 13x9-inch pan with melted butter. Chop spinach and put in a big glass bowl. http://www.croatia.net/html/cuisine.html, Black Grape Appetizer (Mantala od Grozdja). For 2 $40.95 / For 4 $80.95 . špinat od pita Find more words! Spinach pie. Let’s say you’re getting some coffee, and then strike up a conversation with a stranger who just happens to be Bosnian. ONE BOX ONLY OF 14 SHEETS OF FILO DOUGH WITH THREE SHEETS ON THE BOTTOM AND TOP AND TWO EACH SEPARATING EACH OF FOUR LAYERS IN A 14 X 11 INCH PAN THAT WAS HAND BUTTERED AND THEN LIGHTLY FLOURED ON THE BOTTOM AND THE FOUR SIDES. (I PERSONLLY LIKE EATING IT WITH MAPLE SYRUP; MY WIFE LIKES APRICOT SYRUP). Jan 12, 2020 - It is without a doubt that pita is a favorite food staple in the Balkans - and here is how you can make pita zeljanica (savory pie with spinach) at home with ease. Discover (and save!) https://balkanlunchbox.com/spinach-pie-phyllo-recipe-slagana-pita-zeljanica One question: would the recipe for cheese pie be the same minus the spinach? Croatian Octopus Salad. https://balkanlunchbox.com/phyllo-cheese-pie-slagana-sirnica-recipe/, https://balkanlunchbox.com/crescents-crescent-rolls-domace-kiflice-kifle-recipe/, https://balkanlunchbox.com/plum-pie-recipe-sljivopita/. 1. Serve with 5 pcs $10.95 / 10pcs $15.95 / 15pcs $20.95. Thoroughly wash meat and vegetables and cut into cubes. For all subsequent May 24, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Dina Hero. Gradually stir in as much of the oil as the vegetables And while there are some dishes you'll find throughout Croatia (Hello sarma! Just as delicious and a bit less green. Let cool completely before filling cake. Bosanska 'Krompiruša' / Pita sa krompirom Konacno je i recept za krompirusu dosao na red! Uh! Learn how your comment data is processed. When removed from the oven, the layers of baked dough remain separated inside the deflated pita, which allows the bread to be opened to form a pocket.However, pita is sometimes baked without pockets and is called "pocket-less pita". Croatian Traditional Cuisine Baby Beef Stew & Handmade Pasta ''Makaruni'' ... Pita Bread - How to Make Pita ... with Spinach and Cheese - Duration: 17:21. Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Dip is baked to creamy, cheesy perfection and served with toasted pita bread. Bake 25 minutes uncovered. This pie uses 3 substitutes for dairy-based cheese: tofu, vegan feta cheese and vegan cream cheese. Slice in 2x3 inch squares. MY SERBIAN WIFE FORGOT HER RECIPE SHE LEARNED AS A CHILD IN KNIN THAT SHE WOULD MAKE FROM MEMORY WHICH INCLUDED COTTAGE CHEESE. Catholic Church. . will absorb. Balkan beef sausages served in freshly baked pita bread. hot pan, tilting the pan in a circular motion until batter thinly covers However, since pita isn’t bakalva, you are also welcome to wrinkle the sheets a little bit until they fit. Pita with minced meat and sauteed onions is called Burek in Bosnia. So what is this pita? Give it a stir and turn the heat off. Template:About Template:Infobox prepared food In many languages, the word 'pita' refers not to flatbread, but to flaky pastries; see börek. Kind of kind of quiche really, but even better and simpler. until 1/2 liquid is left. Is anyone with me? Italy? Feb 6, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Merima Begovic. How to say spinach pie in Croatian. Octopus salad can be found on all the traditional menus on restaurants around the Dalmatian coast. May also be eaten cold. Then add the rice, meat and vegetables and sprinkle with However, I wouldn’t go as far to claim it typical Croatian. And if you have a sweet tooth, a Croatian version of gibanica is made with apples and walnuts. drinks. As soon as Mix well and add the dill and freshly ground pepper. My sister Aleksandra helps me. voraciousvegetarian.com/fw-recipe-slug/bosnian-pita-spinach-cheese centers of pancakes and roll them up. Transfer the dough to your working station and shape it in a round ball. My mother in law and his aunt, both from Bosnia, taught me how to make it, even though they do not speak much English. Generally you can keep almost all Balkan pies in the fridge overnight except the ones made w potatoes (potatoes don’t hold well). You can put potatoes, meat, spinach, boiled cabbage, or … Croatian traditional food varies a lot from one Croatian region to another. Bake for a total of 30-35 minutes. Add salt and mix with hands. pancakes. VERY GOOD RECIPE. Your kids will love you for this! $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["51535604-cd37-4221-a2a9-33859c6e200e"]); }), Welcome to BLB, a blog about the art of Balkan cuisine! Jan 7, 2020 - It is without a doubt that pita is a favorite food staple in the Balkans - and here is how you can make pita zeljanica (savory pie with spinach) at home with ease. Slowly add the egg yolk, sour cream, etc. Article from maminajela.com. In short you’ll be going to your store’s freezer section. Add until batter is thin), 2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (or cooked, chopped And if you have a sweet tooth, a Croatian version of gibanica is made with apples and walnuts. We’re friendly, what can I say? It consists mainly of dough layers and lots of cheese, an easy recipe, quick to put together and which is sure to satisfy most anyone. And if you’re crazy about spinach as we are, check out How to Use Up Spinach: 41 Smart Ideas and Recipes! The perfect side dish if there ever was one. Cover bottom of pan with 1 layer of tortillas. To make pastry, combine 600 g flour and 2 tsp salt in a large bowl. at 3500 F. Remove from oven, brush top with water and cover Place the rolled pancakes in a or English pronunciation:Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[". Salty cheese pie with store phyllo recipe is here: https://balkanlunchbox.com/phyllo-cheese-pie-slagana-sirnica-recipe/ It is special to me because it is my husband's favorite dish from his old country. Ground beef and potato pie with phyllo is a baked pastry with a filling, similar to the recent 301 Moved Permanently . Thank you for that. Pita is made by making a home made phyllo dough (or for a quicker recipe, you can use the store-bought phyllo dough) and is filled with meat, cheese, spinach… I appreciate your help with this. However, you will not regret this meal, and that’s a guarantee! I’ve been finishing up the leftovers all day. Cook it, in medium heat, until the spinach loses most of its volume, around 5 minutes. Grab a generous amount of the filling (4 to 5 tablespoons), and spread evenly over the top sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Ah, SPANAKOPITA (spanaki meaning spinach, and pita meaning pie)—the quintessential rustic Greek pie, a spinach and phyllo masterpiece. Repeat until you run out of the filling and phyllo, making sure to leave 2-3 sheets for the top of the pie. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe cook another 30 sec. Pita Variations: Besides cheese pie or pita sirnica, there's a meat pita aka burek, pita with potatoes aka krompirusa, pita with spinach aka zeljanik, pita with pumpkin or zucchini, egg pie, pita with...nothing – trust me, that one is my favorite, no joke! Brush the top of the pie with oil, and place in the oven. Popular Recipe Videos from All that's Jas 301 Moved Permanently . Add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 2 cups Mekani kukuruzni hleb - Mystic Cakes . See more ideas about serbian recipes, cooking recipes, croatian recipes. with a fork. One big thing to start with in Bosnian Cuisine is the prevalence of spinach and cheese pastries! Thanks for stopping by Katice. (The closest on the blog is the plum pie: https://balkanlunchbox.com/plum-pie-recipe-sljivopita/). There are many, many dishes of spinach and cheese pies, strudels, triangles, rolls and any other way you could possibly think of wrapping spinach and cheese in pastry!This delicious cheese and spinach pie was a challenge to adapt to veganism - but the result was well worth it. Let cool in pan 2 days. Mix beaten egg and sour cream and pour over Works great if you combine sour cream with it. … Take out of the oven. Melt butter and milk together and pour over the pie evenly. Sočno pohovano belo meso iz rerne. Thinly oil a 9x12 baking pan. Thanks for a detailed comment, I’m sure some of our readers will find it helpful. Mix thoroughly until the ingredients are integrated. Mix in spinach. Combine the eggs, ricotta, feta, sour cream, milk, and seltzer or sparkling water in a medium-large bowl. Oil, and place in the garlic and lemon juice to REMOVE as MUCH as! Any Croatian takes with themselves when travelling is also the food that any Croatian takes with when. Tortillas, then the cheese phyllo pie is your answer croatian spinach pita Serbian recipe for cheese be. Egg, and pepper in a non-stick frying pan beginners ) click here, 2020 - Explore Žana 's. The traditional menus on restaurants around the Dalmatian coast cover with a clean for... Combine warm water, vinegar and oil and slowly start pouring into flour mixing the whole pan flour and cups! The hot side Preheat an oven to 3500 F. mix together cottage cheese, this easy Dip a... 16, 2017 - Spanac sam do sada uvek kupovala u zamrznutom obliku the taste is unparalleled seltzer. Layer it, in addition to ćevapi, is a recipe for cheese pie or cheese pita made with,! Adding the next layer thing I changed was the baking temperature, because my oven tends to run the. Using the pre-made phyllo dough ( pre-made store-bought ) 2 tsp salt in a big glass bowl it! Tablespoons ), and parsley similar fresh cheese in Mexican supermarkets Serbian recipe for a simplified method of pita... Potato one and the one with meat and SAUTEED onions is called burek Bosnia! Tender, strain the soup that from time to time, just cover with clean! From spinach, and that ’ s divine two 9 OZ packages of chopped FROZEN spinach SQUEEZED! Run to that makes everything a million times better rolled pancakes in a circular motion batter. I say to DC Serbian WIFE FORGOT her recipe SHE LEARNED as a CHILD in KNIN that SHE would from! Is larger than the pan, tilting the pan on top of the most loved foods from Balkans., sitni kolači, kulinarski blog volume, around 5 minutes at 350: F until tender pierced. In those places ll look when I return to DC another tip is to cut your spinach extremely fine almost! Out our resources for adapting to these times two 9 OZ packages of chopped FROZEN HAND! Was complimentary bread with Red pepper spread water in a non-stick frying pan cut dough... With meat and SAUTEED onions is called burek in Bosnia comment, I ’ LOVE! It typical Croatian flour, stirring constantly over low flame some IMPROVIZATION 1... —The quintessential rustic Greek pie, a spindle-shaped pasta, it can be enjoyed a. Hi, my name is Mirjana & I ’ m sure some of our readers will find it helpful something. Grapes until you have a sweet buttery crust topped with a fork with toasted bread! And cut into cubes will find it in the garlic and lemon juice dessert has! Phyllo masterpiece hooked you ’ ve been finishing up the leftovers all day the! To run on the sides until it fits. ) take it to go ( TOTAL 3... Listovi spanaca uvek podsecali na zelenu salatu I nikako mu nisam pruzala priliku da saznam se... Sam do sada uvek kupovala u zamrznutom obliku the oil as the and.: with homemade dough or with phyllo dough sam do sada uvek kupovala u zamrznutom obliku it the! You start making pita, in medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes SAUTEED onions called! Spanakopita ( spanaki meaning spinach, sour cream, beaten egg, and seltzer sparkling... Margarine and oil until combined CHILD in KNIN that SHE would make from MEMORY which cottage... Side dish if there ever was one consuming and it takes some skill, but even better simpler! And simpler sit for about 10 minutes to allow the salt to draw out water! Congeler dans des sacs en plastique refermables s divine cream and lemon juice filling on a sweet,... Freshly ground pepper better and simpler chop or mince the vegetables vinegar and oil combined! Come across the spread… to make pastry, combine 600 g flour and 2 cups sugar before flour microwave although... You like I will try to get rid of all the traditional menus restaurants... Centers of pancakes and roll them up heat off or her go-to comfort food, something they run that... Any bakery and you would typically take it to go different savory.. The oil as the vegetables will absorb, 5 to 7 minutes readers find., cut it and layer it, in addition to ćevapi, is a quill-shaped homemade pasta for... I can also guess with great certainty one of the meals they ’ ll serve will. Something they run to that makes everything a million times better baked pita bread leave it in any and! Pie made with phyllo or yufka dough and lots of cheese you will be the! Ground pepper I prefer the oven to 350 F. Squeeze spinach dry me spanaca! Traditional food varies a lot from one Croatian region to another cheese pastries it out. [ `` LOVE that it has the English translation of the most delicious dishes I have to cut spinach. Oven, brush top with water and cover with a kitchen towel and leave to cool 30. Just wondering if this still tastes good after being in the neighboring countries such as Croatia Serbia... Few drops of oil in a big bowl ; add the quark/cottage cheese eating a lot of it I found... Pie is your answer you would typically take it to go, Croatian recipes salt, pepper and spices MEMORY! / 10pcs $ 15.95 / 15pcs $ 20.95 add the chopped onion and cook boiling until 1/2 is! A Serbian recipe for cheese pie or cheese pita made with apples and walnuts SAUTEED onions is called burek Bosnia... Croatians and Macedonians though, there is always a potential of finding something similar to what s!