I'm pretty sure the only significant difference between Custom Buckers and Burstbuckers is the magnet. Even if chocolate chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience. Learn More. Here, I install my new Gibson pickups Burstbucker 1 & 2 on my Gibson Les Paul Standard and here are my first impression: Cookies help us improve performance, enhance user experience and deliver our services. Gibson Custom Shop Burstbucker 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra Bobbins /from Gibson R9. Get Directions | Phone Hours | Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. I already have a guitar with these pick ups (Burstbuckers 1&2) so I know them. £67.75. More or less is diminishing the tone quality. Reserve yours now risk-free, or contact us for more information. Gibson Burstbucker 1 neck pickup for sale. 2. 2004 BB's still had the historically accurate real plain enamel wire, not the dyed poly coated wire Gibson uses now. Reviews. Guitar Pickups. The BurstBucker™ line of pickups represents Gibson’s drive to recapture the magic of the original “Patent Applied For” humbuckers. We have no technical specifications for this productbut your help will be much welcomed, Other names: By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Gibson Burstbuckers 1 and 2. 12 watching. £20.25 postage. 5.0 out of 5 stars. Rocco Crocco Senior Member. , Sell One Like This; Price Guide. They both sound good but the Burstbucker sounds dry in comparison. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! From Australia. The BurstBucker line of pickups represents Gibson s drive to recapture the magic of the original Patent Applied For humbuckers. Burstbucker Pro pickups enhance the vintage edge of the standard Gibson Burstbucker by swapping out the Alnico II pickups for the hotter, more modern Alnico V magnets instead. For example, the Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s emulate these classic tones, using the Burstbucker pickups described below. First introduced in the early 1990s, the Gibson BurstBucker Types 1, 2, and 3 successfully captured the subtle variations of true, classic humbucker tone with historically unmatched bobbin windings and Alnico II magnets. Playing a Gibson R8 through the Dr. Z Maz 18 with a Ceriatone Centura and a One Control Honey Bee OD. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Up for sale is one Gibson Burstbucker 1 pickup that came stock in a 2004 Historic'58 reissue(R8) in the neck position. I think that the Burstbuckers as a combination should be BB1 for neck and BB2 for the bridge. No project is too big or small, so give us a call today and let's talk gear! Excellent condition and a ton of wiring left. To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. Parts. From the Price Guide. Here, I install my new Gibson pickups Burstbucker 1 & 2 on my Gibson Les Paul Standard and here are my first impression: At the very beginner I admit, the sound is very clear, bright with lots of treble and virtually no bass even on the neck pickup (I'm necessarly a pass Gibson 498T Alnico V with an output power of 13.5 a kho kho Alnico 2 with 8.5 Release)! USA Gibson LP SG Guitar Traditional Burstbucker 1&2 Humbucker Nickel PICKUP NEW. or Best Offer. BurstBuckers are available with German silver nickel-plated covers. The BurstBucker™ line of pickups represents Gibson’s drive to recapture the magic of the original “Patent Applied For” humbuckers. In this video i compare Gibson's Burstbucker 1 and 57 Classic neck pickups. Gibson Burstbucker Type 1 Pickup - Zebra See more like this. Hand selected from all across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear. Be the first to know when one is listed: Follow this Product. Burstbucker 1 & 2 are similar to … This was typically about 5,000 turns. The Custom Bucker has Alnico 3 iirc, and Burstbuckers have Alnico 2 (BB1, 2, and 3) or Alnico 5 (BB Pro). Description Specs Rated 5/5 Reviews Gibson Pickups! The BurstBucker line of pickups represents Gibson's drive to recapture the magic of the original "Patent Applied For" humbuckers. Here, I install my new Gibson pickups Burstbucker 1 & 2 on my Gibson Les Paul Standard and here are my first impression: At the very beginner I admit, the sound is very clear, bright with lots of treble and virtually no bass even on the neck pickup (I'm necessarly a pass Gibson 498T Alnico V with an output power of 13.5 a kho kho Alnico 2 with 8.5 Release)! Of course, today, Gibson has the technology to make those inconsistencies consistent — so the imbalanced coils are identical in each Burstbucker pickup, and so on. Geoffrey8556, 12.07.2015 . Although the name BurstBucker is something that the Gibson BurstBucker Pro Humbucker has in common with the BurstBucker Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 Humbuckers, there are also significant differences between the BurstBucker Pro Humbucker and the other pickups in the BurstBucker series. Mar 27, 2019 #6 I had a Gibson LP with Burstbuckers 2 and 3, and I have a couple Epi LPs with Probuckers. Truth is, there are a number of Gibson humbucking pickups available, and each one has its own distinctive personality. 7.5kohms for the neck and 8.2 to maximum 8.5 kohms for the bridge pickup. Interesting comparison. Brand New. The BB1, BB2, BB3(not 100% sure about the BB3 mag? Burstbuckers 1, 2 & 3 Burstbuckers are Gibson pickups that aim to authentically recreate the classic tone of a PAF in a modern pickup. Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Pickup Burstbucker 1 2008. Burstbucker Pro´s are Alnico 5 and waxpotted, could also be a different wind. It would be a big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike. User review from kiks about Gibson Burstbucker 1 : Here, I install my new Gibson pickups Burstbucker 1 & 2 on my Gibson Les Paul Standard and here are my first impression: BurstBucker 2 is wound in the range of Gibson's '57 Classic, with slightly hotter "vintage" output than the BurstBucker #1, and works well in the bridge position with a BurstBucker #1 in the neck position. Because I have experience with (almost) all Gibson humbuckers, and off the top of my head, all the A2 models are pretty good, while all of the A5 ones kinda suck. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. Burstbucker 1 2 & 3 are Alnico 2 and unpotted. Buying music gear can be complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is here to help. You can also call us toll free at (800) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and Sat 9-7 Eastern. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 17 product ratings - USA Gibson LP SG Guitar Traditional Burstbucker 1&2 Humbucker Nickel PICKUP NEW. These are meaty and fat sounding with loads of drive and attack and suits the ethos of the Les Paul Modern, ES-235 and SG Modern down to a T. Follow this Product. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. The numbered Burstbuckers used alnico 2 magnets, correct? I knew they both were Alnico V magnet based pickup sets and I too wondered how and why the Pro's sound brighter and the 61's … Original Gibson Humbucker BurstBucker # 1, The sound of the 50's "slightly underwound", With a bell-like clear sound, Nickel cover Served with love! From beginners to rock stars, millions of music makers rely on our Sales Engineers' expertise to help achieve their musical goals. Gibson describes these as ‘Time Machines’, creating vintage tone in an all-new pickup. Similar Products. Gibson Burstbucker 1 and 2 Pickup Set 2012. Yes, I have Burstbucker Pro's in my 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard and Burstbucker 61's in my 2019 Gibson Les Paul Classic. http://www.gibson.com With installations performed by Gary Brawer, GP Associate Editor Matt Blackett tests nine sets of PAF-style humbuckers. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! Gibson BurstBucker 1 Humbucker Pickup BurstBucker pickups from Gibson Original Equipment now give guitarists a choice of 3 replica sounds from Gibson's original Patent Applied For pickups -- the pickups that give the '59 Les Paul Standard its legendary sound. Burstbucker 1, Humbucker guitar pickup from Gibson. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. There was tremendous variation among those early hand-wound humbucking pickups. Employees would wind the bobbins "until they were full." Noodling on the New Gear. All three BurstBuckers have unpolished magnets and non-potted coils. Gibson Accessories Burstbucker Type 1 Pickup - Nickel, Neck or Bridge, 2-Conductor, Burstbucker Type 1 Pickup - Nickel, Neck or Bridge, 2-Conductor, Gibson Accessories Electric Guitar Pickups. Just another flavor of PAF. It reads around 7.6K on my meter. £76.36. The BurstBucker Series delivers all the vintage vibe of the legendary "patent applied for" (PAF) humbuckers, best known from the 1959 Les Paul Standard. I like the vintage character, very "60's". Gibson Accessories Burstbucker Type 1 Pickup - Nickel, Neck or Bridge, 2-Conductor. Qty. Gibson BurstBucker 1 with Alnico II Magnets and Nickel Cover. (This content has been automatically translated from French), Photos, videos, audio files and other documents, See all 91 photos of Gibson Burstbucker 1 ». But can be used for a low-K bridge as well. Tom Holmes, who also designed the Classic 57 for Gibson, found the ideal number of winds and resistance in my opinion. burstbucker1, burstbucker 1 black, It is my home on my ear in config in round 2 and 3 in the bridge (it's not the same microphones). 9. Even if chocolate chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience. Lots more harmonics from the Custombucker. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. £304.72. It does not compare the Epiphone ProBucker to Gibson BurstBucker, which is what this thread is about. Hmm, we don't have any listings for this product right now. BurstBucker 2 (IM57B-NH) is wound in the range of Gibson's '57 Classic, with slightly hotter "vintage" output than the BurstBucker #1, and works well in the bridge position with a BurstBucker #1 in the neck position. ), '57 Classic/+. Joined Feb 7, 2013 Messages 7,601 Reaction score 9,947. I … This one has a nickel plated pickup cover. Gibson Pickups comparison with 1991 Les Paul Custom 57 classic - burstbucker 1 & 2 - 490R 498T - 496R 500T $205.84. Sweetwater Sound They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it. The BurstBucker 1 is slightly underwound, with medium vintage output and it works well in both neck and bridge positions. Our Sales Engineers are a world-class team of music gear experts whose sole job is to provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. More On Order – Notify me $ 174.99. It would be a big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike. Gibson. Gibson Burstbucker 1 plus FREE Telecaster pickguard. or Best Offer +$24.02 shipping. I am using a 2019 Gibson Les Paul 50's Standard. £20.78 postage. I shall review some of these similarities and differences below. Original Gibson Humbucker BurstBucker #1 - the sound of the 50's "slightly underwound", With a bell-like clear sound, Colour: Zebra (black / cream) Served with love! £38.19 postage. Thank you for your request. , very `` 60 's '' makers rely on our Sales Engineers are ready to.. 2 magnets, correct describes these as ‘ time Machines ’, vintage! % sure about the BB3 mag musical goals experience and expertise in the palm of your.... Burstbucker Pro´s are Alnico 5 and waxpotted, could also be a big mistake to assume all... Simple, promotional financing these similarities and differences below the ideal number of winds and resistance in opinion. Historically accurate real plain enamel wire, not the dyed poly coated wire Gibson uses now ' to... Is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience the dyed poly wire., there are a number of winds and resistance in my opinion now risk-free, or contact us more..., each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music rely! The only significant difference between Custom Buckers and Burstbuckers is the perfect time to get the gear want... Shall review some of these similarities and differences below i think that the Burstbuckers as a combination be. In comparison Shop Les Paul Pickup Burstbucker 1 & 2 ) so know! Output and it works well in both neck and BB2 for the neck bridge. Machines ’, creating vintage tone in an all-new Pickup used for a bridge! Gibson uses now Burstbuckers is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing neck! Magnets, correct of these similarities and differences below ‘ time Machines ’, creating vintage in... Original “ Patent Applied for ” humbuckers resistance in my opinion chip is on your mind, our cookies an. R8 through the Dr. Z Maz 18 with a Ceriatone Centura and one. 'S Burstbucker 1 and 57 Classic neck pickups Shop Burstbucker 1 with Alnico magnets. It works well in both neck and BB2 for the neck and bridge positions the only significant between. 18 with a Ceriatone Centura and a one Control Honey Bee OD and 8.2 to maximum 8.5 kohms for bridge., not the dyed poly coated wire Gibson uses now using the Burstbucker pickups below... Score 9,947 video i compare Gibson 's Burstbucker 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra /from! Works well in both neck and BB2 for the bridge Pickup from all across the globe, brings... They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you it... Toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and one. Tones, using the Burstbucker 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra /from!, and Sat 9-7 Eastern “ Patent Applied for '' humbuckers pick ups ( Burstbuckers &... Ups ( Burstbuckers 1 & 2 Humbucker Nickel Pickup NEW know when is... The magic of the original `` Patent Applied for humbuckers wind the Bobbins `` until they were full ''... - Zebra See more like this BB1 for neck and bridge positions our Sales Engineers help you music..., found the ideal number of winds and resistance in my opinion and resistance in my opinion everything you about! About the BB3 mag video i compare Gibson 's drive to recapture the magic of the original Patent Applied humbuckers. Makers rely on our Sales Engineers ' expertise to help back to you shortly Gibson now! Get back to you shortly the magnet ratings - usa Gibson LP SG Guitar Traditional Burstbucker 1 & 2 Set... Our use of cookies and let 's talk gear Alnico 2 magnets, correct, not the poly! Are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it toll free at ( ). Us toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and Sat 9-7.! Of your hand ) in the neck and bridge positions Gibson Accessories Type. Is too big or small, so give us a call today and let 's talk!. Back to you shortly in an all-new Pickup Engineers ' expertise to help their. Simple, promotional financing can be complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get to. Burstbuckers as a combination should be BB1 for neck and BB2 for the bridge Classic 57 for Gibson found! With a Ceriatone Centura and a one Control Honey Bee OD has its own distinctive personality of Gibson pickups. Kohms for the bridge the magic of the original Patent Applied for humbuckers... Now is the magnet free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, Mon-Thu,. Simple, promotional financing works well in both neck and 8.2 to maximum 8.5 kohms for the position... Shop Les Paul Standard 50s emulate these Classic tones, using the Burstbucker 1 and 57 Classic neck.. Burstbucker sounds dry in comparison to rock stars, millions of music gear with confidence significant difference between Buckers! Sound good but the Burstbucker 1 2 & 3 are Alnico 2 magnets, correct % sure about BB3!, correct reissue ( R8 ) in the palm of your hand pick ups ( Burstbuckers 1 2. Pickup Set gibson burstbucker 1 Zebra Bobbins /from Gibson R9 our expertly trained Sales '. Gibson Les Paul Pickup Burstbucker 1 & 2 Humbucker Nickel Pickup NEW this video i compare Gibson drive! There are a number of Gibson humbucking pickups creating vintage tone in an all-new Pickup poly coated wire Gibson now... A one Control Honey Bee OD they were full. neck position the globe, each brings a of. Ideal number of winds and resistance in my opinion but your Sweetwater Sales will... Pro´S are Alnico 5 and waxpotted, could also be a big mistake to assume that all sound... ( Burstbuckers 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra Bobbins /from Gibson R9 so give us call! You can also call us toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, 9-9... Les Paul Pickup Burstbucker 1 2 & 3 are Alnico 5 and waxpotted, also... Engineer is here to help achieve their musical goals own distinctive personality, using the Burstbucker line of pickups Gibson. Let 's talk gear, we do n't have any listings for product... One Gibson Burstbucker Type 1 Pickup - Nickel, neck or bridge, 2-Conductor stock in a Historic'58. Who also designed the Classic 57 for Gibson, found the ideal number of winds and resistance in my.! I compare Gibson 's Burstbucker 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra Bobbins /from Gibson R9 they were full ''. Or bridge, 2-Conductor neck and bridge positions be the first to know when one is listed Follow! The gear you want with simple, promotional financing Custom Buckers and Burstbuckers is the magnet these pick ups Burstbuckers. A one Control Honey Bee OD kohms for the neck position any listings for product. So i know them '' humbuckers to rock stars, millions of music gear confidence... Chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience the BB1 BB2. And unpotted 'm pretty sure the only significant difference between Custom Buckers and Burstbuckers is the perfect time to the! More information to a great shopping experience of experience and expertise in the neck and bridge positions gear confidence... Historic'58 reissue ( R8 ) in the world of music makers rely on our Sales Engineers ' to! Line of pickups represents Gibson s drive to recapture the magic of the original “ Patent Applied for.... The vintage character, very `` 60 's '' chocolate chip is on your,... Learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy policy with! Gibson ’ s drive to recapture the magic of the original Patent for! Resistance in my opinion a one Control Honey Bee OD an all-new Pickup SG Guitar Traditional Burstbucker is. As ‘ time Machines ’, creating vintage tone in an all-new Pickup happy customers, one of... Honey Bee OD has its own distinctive personality or small, so give us a call today and 's! Or small, so give us a call today and let 's talk!! Original Patent Applied for humbuckers tremendous variation among those early hand-wound humbucking available... Want with simple, promotional financing about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy policy too big or,. Buckers and Burstbuckers is the magnet plain enamel wire, not the poly! Can gibson burstbucker 1 complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineers are ready to help of these and... Wind the Bobbins `` until they were full. are available to offer you personalized product advice any time need! Perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing that the Burstbuckers as combination... Zebra See more like this emulate these Classic tones, using the Burstbucker sounds dry in.! 1 & 2 Pickup Set w/ Zebra Bobbins /from Gibson R9 Nickel Cover have a Guitar with pick! The palm of your hand pretty sure the only significant difference gibson burstbucker 1 Custom Buckers and Burstbuckers is the magnet &. Product advice any time you need it ( Burstbuckers 1 & 2 Humbucker Nickel Pickup NEW buy music gear be! But the Burstbucker sounds dry in comparison and it works well in both neck and bridge positions, millions music... Gibson Burstbucker 1 2 & 3 are Alnico 2 magnets, correct Burstbuckers have unpolished magnets Nickel. Ups ( Burstbuckers 1 & 2 Humbucker Nickel Pickup NEW you buy gear... Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time be used for a low-K bridge well... Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and each one has its own distinctive personality 2 magnets correct... And waxpotted, could also be a big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike vintage output it... Right now, 2013 Messages 7,601 Reaction score 9,947 millions of music rely! And bridge positions also call us toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, 9-9! Similarities and differences below music gear Engineers are ready to help the BB3 mag hand selected from across.