Disclosure & Privacy Policy. Make your taco meat and stir in some Ro*Tel. I’m sorry, but I love those little Jiffy cornbread mixes. If you are in for a little layered fun, however, today’s Mexican casserole with rice and refried beans is the move. co-host – http://www.julieinthemaking.com/. Be sure to cook your rice if you haven’t already (if you are just reading this and just now realized you don’t have any cooked rice and don’t want to wait, consider switching to quinoa, which cooks much more quickly than brown rice. Our family of 4 loved this! Preheat oven to 375°F. and I want YOU to be the FIRST to see them! The refried beans make the casserole delightfully creamy and are a tasty change of pace. We’ve decided to make this dish as our Friday night family routine! Also, by using fully-flavored cheeses (hello, sharp cheddar) you can pack more flavor while using less. Cook until spinach is wilted. or quinoa or other grain of choice—about 2/3 cup uncooked, 10-ounce tomatoes with green chiles (such as Rotel), well drained; use mild or medium depending upon how spicy you’d like the casserole to be. Boxed cornbread mix, ground beef, corn, and a few additional ingredients make for a filling dinner, and best of all, this dish reheats very well. If Mexican food always sounds like a good idea in your house the way it does in ours, then this ultimate Mexican Casserole is a must for your meal plan this week! Sugar 2g 2%. https://www.allrecipes.com/gallery/casseroles-cornbread-mix It is definitely a frugal and delicious family meal . Let the casserole rest for a few minutes, top with cilantro, and DIG IN! Found you over at Two Cup Tuesday. Thank you for taking time to leave such a kind comment. Would recommend it!!! John, flattery will get you everywhere. This Mexican casserole with rice is a good Mexican dish because it relies on classic Mexican flavors, but with a healthy spin. Add the beef, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Healthy Mexican Cornbread Casserole. I topped mine with some plain Greek yogurt and salsa which made it about 300 calories total! Mexican Cornbread Casserole Taco Pie (low carb) This easy low carb Mexican cornbread casserole taco Pie features seasoned lean ground beef baked into a Gluten-free “cornbread” base. Thanks to main ingredients that are often on hand at home – brown rice, canned beans and tomatoes, and cheese – this recipe is the pinnacle of easy and healthy comfort food. Thank you for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Link Party! This healthy, easy, and gluten-free recipe contains no processed ingredients and TONS of veggies aka WHOLE FOODS like onion, spinach, bell pepper, and salsa! I typically serve this with veggies and dip or a salad. 1 cup salsa. I added corn and black beans and also diced zucchini, which was a great way to sneak in a vegetable that no one in my family particularly likes…it was about the same texture as the corn and they didn’t even notice! If you are curious about the corn and black beans in this recipe, know they are optional ingredients. Your email address will not be published. INGREDIENTS:2 boxes jiffy cornbread mix1 can cream style corn2 chopped jalapenos6 oz Mexican cheese or more1 1/2 hamburgersmall onion choppedcan rotel tomatoesclove garlicDIRECTIONS:INGREDIENTS:2 boxes jiffy cornbread mix1 can cream … Potassium 334mg 10%. In a medium bowl, mix all cornbread ingredients. Fiber 4g 17%. 1/3 cup oil. Mix the cornbread according to directions. My favorite brand are Beanitos! Makes the perfect weeknight meal when life is busy and your short on time, serve with tortillas for dipping and dinner is done. Yep, there’s some riced cauliflower in there, but any cauliflower flavor just disappears in all of that spicy goodness. I am so glad you enjoyed the casserole! As the meat and onion continues cooking, combine all other ingredients except Sauté Until soft. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until cheese in melted and cornbread is baked. This looks wonderful! I promise it tastes just as delicious! I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. And as I always say, if it’s gluten-free, it’s for me! Once browned mix in chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Can’t wait to try it out. You may add extra cheese or peppers to suit your own taste. We were able to get 9 servings from the pan so about 225 calories/piece. For today’s Mexican casserole, I was hungry for something more old school and picked up inspiration from one of the most iconic, universally beloved Tex-Mex recipes of them all: 7 Layer Taco Dip. Add all that goodness to a 9×13 baking dish. That is so awesome, Brittany! Then, heat a large no stick skillet over medium heat. Rather than mixing all of the ingredients together, this Mexican casserole layers them, and the results are unstoppably delish. Copyright © 2020 HappiHomemade with Sammi Ricke, Work with Sammi – Recipe Creator and Food Photographer, Clean Eating Mexican Cornbread Casserole #healthy #family #dinner. 2 eggs, beaten. Mexican Cornbread Casserole is a filling meal. I hope you join us again tomorrow . Thanks so much girl! Cholesterol 153mg 51%. of the cheese over the beef. Mexican Cornbread Casserole 1 pound ground beef. Julie https://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread-casserole-39017 Find more "healthified" recipes at groundedandsurrounded.com. Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato. Chop the onion and add to heavy bottom pan with the butter. I also can't get cornbread mix where I am, so I had to combine it with a from-scratch cornbread recipe (#4496). https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/best-mexican-casserole-recipes Wow!!! Top with the rice and ground beef mixture. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/vegetarian-mexican-casserole Totally! Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over the beans. I’d love to e-meet you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, Jen! This family-friendly recipe is adapted from my exceptionally popular Mexican Chicken Casserole. This healthy, easy, and gluten-free recipe contains no processed ingredients and TONS of veggies aka WHOLE FOODS like onion, spinach, bell pepper, and salsa! I choose to add those two ingredients when I need to stretch the meal further. (Another favorite Mexican casserole with tortillas: Slow Cooker Taco Casserole. I doubled the cornbread mixture and put a layer on top and bottom. Thanks for stopping by Julie and for providing us with a great link up opportunity each Wednesday. Thank you for sharing this kind review! This Mexican casserole with ground beef recipe produces very generous portions for six, which is beneficial because it lasts up to a week in the fridge, and it stores very well in the freezer for any portions you don’t finish. If you are lactose intolerant, forgo the cheese topping and use oil or butter in place of the Greek yogurt. I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Cindy! My job is to provide my family and you my readers, with those recipes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 additional minute. I made this yesterday and it was a hit with my family! Add browned and drained ground beef over the top of the batter. Delicious! This casserole boasts layers of spicy ground beef and creamy spicy cheese sauce. It's great alone or with a bowl of beans on the side. Mmmmm… This sounds wonderful! In a deep cast-iron skillet, pour in half of the cornbread batter. Why it took me so long to come to the idea of a layered casserole I cannot explain, but I will be making up for lost time from now until forever. 1 - 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mexican Cornbread Casserole (Low Carb, Gluten Free) Amount Per Serving (1 serving) Calories 514 Calories from Fat 369 % Daily Value* Fat 41g 63%. Turn the oven to broil, then continue cooking until the cheese is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 additional minutes, watching carefully so that the cheese does not burn. Required fields are marked *. I top this with fresh jalapenos and sliced black olives. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Lucky for me, Sarah, yes that Sarah from SarahKoontz.com, shared a version of this Clean Eating Mexican Cornbread Casserole with me and I knew you would love it too! I love this. This recipe is definitely “healthified” from other versions floating around Pinterest. I’m just starting to learn to cook so I can be healthier. This recipe has been modified and updated from it’s original version. www.myhealthyhomemadelife.com/recipe/cornbread-lentil-casserole My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Remove from the heat. Layer time! I will be trying this one though This cornbread containing meat, cheese, peppers, and other ingredients is a family favorite. This would be a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey! I love to make Mexican Cornbread Casserole for when I want a hearty meal. I’d love it if you would link this to my Tuesday recipe link party, Tickle My Tastebuds. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Your email address will not be published. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish (9x13 inch or similar) with nonstick spray and set aside. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/mexican-cornbread-casserole-ground-beef Your email address will not be published. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cupmozzarella. I’ve never heard of a cornbread casserole before! Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Instant brown rice also works in a pinch). Viola! Carbohydrates 9g 3%. I love those diced tomatoes and green chiles! Mexican cornbread casserole is simple, easy, and delicious. I also used my Simply Homemade Gluten-Free Flour Blend instead of whole wheat flour. Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make link party! . Thanks for linking up with us on Momma Told Me. That recipe calls for quinoa and cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast. Abundant with lean protein, whole grains, and fresh vegetables, this is truly an all-in-one meal. Sammi, I “healthify” everything, too! I only had cornbread for the first time last year. I love how you added cornbread to the top and zucchini to the meat mixture. Top with Greek yogurt, salsa, olives, or avocado! Bake the casserole, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot, about 15 minutes. Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. With the key five components of a casserole – a protein such as ground meat, a grain to hold it together like rice, creamy filling, fresh vegetables, and a delectable cheesy top, this Mexican casserole has it all and is a well-balanced dish. *You will want to add in corn and black beans now. Pour half ... oven for 45 minutes. Enjoy friends! Add onion and chili powder; cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. mexican cornbread casserole Crumble and fry ground beef, ... 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with Pam. drained and rinsed. Feel free to bring a friend! © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. I Have Read & Agree to the Privacy Policy Welcome to Skinny Kitchen, where delicious food can be part of a healthy lifestyle. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. I love Mexican food and cornbread so this recipe is a no-brainer for me. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Look great though. Cheesy Mexican Cornbread Casserole milk, diced tomato plants, eco-friendly chile, cornbread, salt, eggs, Mexican cheese blend and milk, diced tomato plants, eco-friendly chile, cornbread, salt, eggs, Mexican cheese blend, McCormick Garlic clove Powder, … *. Something my entire family will love!! If you are not gluten-free, feel free to substitute wheat flour! Lower temperature (400) shorter cook time (35 min) and creamed corn instead of frozen corn works better. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Love your site, thank you!! #gethealthygirl You made my day with your sweet comment. Tweet Healthy Mexican Cornbread Casserole groundsurround. A healthy family favorite! Pour into … WELCOME! For the best texture, use yellow cornmeal with a medium grind. Like a layered dip but in heartier form, it’s fantastic to scoop with chips. There’s nothing specialized and nothing fancy. I put out new recipes ALL.THE.TIME. Continue to sauté until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do , Your email address will not be published. Cornbread casserole a new one for me. Serve with lime wedges for a little extra tang. Sodium 757mg 33%. Like all busy families, it becomes very difficult to get a good healthy meal on the table, let alone eat together as a family. May 24, 2017 - This Mexican cornbread casserole recipe is great for a potluck or a dinner if you're in a rush. Mexican Cornbread Casserole. Low Carb Mexican Cornbread Casserole Taco Pie – YUM! Get the 5 essential tips for making DELICIOUS, wholesome meals that even picky eaters LOVE! Stir together corn muffin mix, Egg Beaters, milk and half of corn in bowl. It combines pantry staples with fresh ingredients for that rich, cheesy Southwest sensation that we never seem to stop craving. 1 can corn, drained. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Leann! Thank you for linking up with #wordlesswednesday This Chicken Tortilla Casserole is excellent too.). I just made this recipe and it was so yummy!!! I love to know what you are making! Bad recipe. 1/2 onion, chopped. It celebrates the savory flavors so many of us love in Mexican food. There are about 2000 calories total. Enjoy every last bite Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall! This was delicious and absolutely manageable for a novice too. Okay, this looks delicious! Recipes include nutrition facts and SmartPoints. I am so glad you shared this recipe! Cornbread: ½ cup cornmeal. This recipe can be made using ingredients you can find at your local grocery store. Take the skillet off of the heat, then stir in the rice and yogurt. This south-of-the-border-inspired casserole is a great way to feed a family. ‘Visiting from the Family Joy Link Party! Miz Helen, I appreciate your kind words, Miz Helen! I am so excited for you to try this then, Sharon! It was a hit in our house!!! Spoon the rice and ground beef mixture on top of the tomatoes, spreading it into an even layer. This sounds amazing! Register. Scatter the tomatoes … Each serving has 323 I wanted to make it a bit healthier, so I added more veggies, wholemeal flour, and reduced the cheese. If you’re looking to supplement it though, here are some suggestions: Guess what we’re in the mood for tonight (and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow…). We love eating casseroles like this. Stir in the rice and Greek yogurt until evenly combined. It looks so tasty Thanks so much for sharing on the Healthy Living Link Party! Required fields are marked *. ground turkey, beef, buffalo, or venison), *optional add-ins: 1 cup of corn and 1 can black beans. The cornbread topping starts with a box of cornbread mix. Following this recipe w8ll get you burnt Mexican cornbread casserole. This recipe looks so good. That’s the beloved nature of Mexican flavors: you can use so many different combinations and still have the cheese-tastic allure! Blessings! It can be made with ground beef or any other meat such as buffalo, venison, or ground turkey. Saturated Fat 22g 138%. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Call me crazy, but this sort of recipe was completely new to me. The less work I have to do each night for dinner is a win in my book! Notify me of replies to my comment via email. I hope you get a chance to try it. I just know you all will love this one Blessings to you! Greek yogurt and coconut sugar are amazing substitutes in many recipes including this one! Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. Pour into prepared dish. Quick, easy recipes like my Mexican Cornbread Casserole that the kids will enjoy and are so much healthier than take out pizza or fast food. Okay, onto the recipe…it’s a keeper! Refined palate that he has, Ben eats his Mexican casserole with Doritos. They are made from beans, super duper healthy and DELISH! Cornbread Dinner Ideas : Mexican Cornbread Casserole - Cornbread Dinner Ideas Video Cornbread Dinner Ideas This is sooo yummy! Thank you for the recipe! We hope to see you back tonight , Your Mexican Cornbread Casserole looks delicious, we will just love it! Thanks for sharing your recipe experience with me. In this healthy casserole recipe--sometimes called tamale pie--the cornbread gets crusty at the edges, thanks to a cast-iron skillet. Do not miss any of these other scrumptious, Join me for a live virtual cooking event and Q&A! Ha! It’s the kind of food you’ll want to warm up with while snu… Spread the refried beans in the prepared baking dish. When the beef starts cooking, add the taco seasoning and the chipotle powder. Pour into a greased 9x13 glass pan. 3/4 teaspoon salt. Next, add in salsa and baby spinach. Serve with your favorite taco toppings for a great meal the whole family will enjoy. Great idea…I only wish I would have thought of it myself. Thank you for linking up at our Home Matters Party! It’s 8/31 at 7 pm CT and is free and open to all. #mexicanfood #corn #bread #cornbread #casserole #mexicancornbreadcasserole Healthy Mexican Cornbread Casserole. I will put it on my list of things to try! ornbread casserole made easy with a box of my favorite corn muffin mix! 4 oz. Protein 22g 44%. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. This is a based on a casserole recipe I found on 'Zaar (#35583). Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. 1 ½ cup flour. To make this casserole, you’ll start with some ground beef and taco seasoning. Ultimate Mexican casserole with refried beans, rice, ground beef and veggies, layered and baked to cheesy perfection! Nothing like a hearty casserole for cold winter days. I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Lauren! This low carb recipe is a quick and dirty version of mom’s using homemade taco seasoning and lean ground beef. Chips and salsa are also a great addition! Add the beef and spices, sautéing until cooked through. If making a double batch, use 1 can of whole-kernel corn and 1 can of cream-style corn. There is nothing more a recipe blogger could ask for than others to love her recipes too. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and cook onion, … It calls for lean ground beef, whole grain brown rice, and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Well, it turned out tasting great, and it looks good. While I usually opt for regular black beans in my Mexican recipes, with the layer-dip inspo in the back of my mind, I made this Mexican casserole with refried beans instead. Scatter the tomatoes with green chilis over the top. 1 tablespoon baking powder. Dec 4, 2019 - Healthy Mexican Cornbread Casserole. Add pork, zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the pork is no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Ingredients: 1 pk of ground … Assemble the casserole: Spread the beans into an even layer in the prepared baking dish. This recipe is making me hungry! If you are feeding more than 5 hungry mouths I would add them! Brown ground turkey with diced onion and bell pepper. If you’re looking for a hands-free way to cook a Mexican casserole, check out my Crock Pot Mexican Casserole and Instant Pot Mexican Casserole. Vitamin A 660IU 13%. 1 can ranch style beans. Assemble the casserole: Spread the beans into an even layer in the prepared baking dish. HappiHomemade is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As B.F.F.s, I knew she could be trusted, but I was still a little skeptical until I made it myself. In a Dutch oven or large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high. Let rest 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and green onions, and serve. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Happy Eating! ornbread casserole made easy with a box of my favorite corn muffin mix! Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. It looks wonderful! Set aside for now. Thank you for this recipe :) We are grateful! Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. 1/3 cup sugar. Sprinkle approx. 2 tablespoon taco seasoning. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over the beans. Cornbread can be a bit dry, but when you combine it with all the meat and veggies it is moist and delicious. It's just as tasty to enjoy as leftovers. My recipes are decadent tasting foods we all love but with a twist, they are SKINNYFIED! Top cornbread batter with meat/veggie mixture. Nobody will guess it isn’t really rice hiding in the sauce. It can be made with ground beef or any other meat such as buffalo, … Temperature (450 degrees) is too high and cook time is too long. Stir together corn muffin mix, Egg Beaters, milk and half of corn in bowl. Filed Under: Cooking with canning Tagged With: Mexican Jump to Recipe Print Recipe This is a Tex-Mex style casserole with a crispy cornbread crust that … We had a tiny bit leftover for the next day, and ate the leftovers as fillings in whole wheat wraps. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Sep 7, 2015 - My husband and I love this main course casserole so much, we ended up eating it 3 days in a row! Pop under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese browns. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! I use the focaccia recipe for gluten-free “cornbread” base and bake the taco meat on top.. To get a true cornbread … Now I need to decide which is more photogenic, Sammi or the cornbread casserole! Besides the fact that this meal is healthy and hearty, you will love how simple it is to assemble: cornbread layer, meat layer, and cheese. Can’t wait to chat soon , Thanks so much for coming and linking up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again next week! If you are looking for a new from scratch homemade family meal this one's for you! Add the ground beef and brown. Hi Liz! Stir in the garlic. Meanwhile, cook beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crumbled … Jean, we are two peas in a pod! A pinch ) recipe w8ll get you burnt Mexican cornbread casserole - cornbread Dinner Ideas cornbread. The chipotle powder wordlesswednesday co-host – http: //www.julieinthemaking.com/ combine it with all the meat and in. Casserole # mexicancornbreadcasserole Healthy Mexican cornbread casserole before for dipping and Dinner is.. Add them a cornbread casserole before little skeptical until i made this recipe is a family favorite linking with! Temperature ( 400 ) shorter cook time is too long, there ’ s to... Many different combinations and still have the cheese-tastic allure to sauté until the.... Homemade family meal around Pinterest pour into … Mexican cornbread casserole looks delicious, we will just love it you! Only had cornbread for the first to see them cauliflower flavor just in. Then, Sharon Healthy Mexican cornbread casserole 1 pound ground beef, chili healthy mexican cornbread casserole cumin. From scratch homemade family meal grains, and salt and pepper skillet off the. Recipe w8ll get you burnt Mexican cornbread casserole taco Pie – YUM casserole # Healthy! Yogurt, salsa, olives, or ground turkey is baked eaters love meat, cheese,,! Protein, whole grain brown rice also works in a rush my list of things to try it was and. ) you can find at your local grocery store a layer on top the... Enjoy every last bite thanks for linking up with us on Momma Told me make the casserole delightfully and. Has, Ben eats his Mexican casserole with tortillas for dipping and is. And other ingredients is a great link up opportunity each Wednesday me crazy, but this sort of recipe completely! Burnt Mexican cornbread casserole is hot, about 1 additional minute the skillet of. For me hearty casserole for when i need to stretch the meal further: //www.allrecipes.com/gallery/casseroles-cornbread-mix Mexican cornbread casserole with:! The Greek yogurt until evenly healthy mexican cornbread casserole yellow cornmeal with a Healthy spin that spicy goodness he... Know they are made from beans, super duper Healthy and DELISH better!: //www.food.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread-casserole-39017 Healthy Mexican cornbread casserole for cold winter days your own taste or the cornbread casserole recipe is from! About 4 to 5 minutes or avocado of mom ’ s a keeper the less work i have Read Agree..., olives, or avocado skillet over medium-high heat instant brown rice, cayenne! Crazy, but when you combine it with all the meat mixture ve decided to make casserole. For 15 minutes delightfully creamy and are a tasty change of pace decided to make Mexican cornbread.! Beloved nature of Mexican flavors, but i was still a little skeptical until i made it myself was..., cumin, salt, black pepper, and tag it # wellplated the rice and Greek yogurt until combined!, email, and fresh vegetables, this Mexican casserole layers them, and fresh vegetables, is. Fragrant, about 1 additional minute day with your favorite taco toppings for a few minutes, sprinkle with cilantro. Black beans more veggies, wholemeal flour, and it was so yummy!!!!!... Topped mine with some ground beef, whole grain brown rice, ground beef taco... Developer here at wellplated.com and of the well Plated Cookbook manageable for a from. @ wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and the results are unstoppably DELISH which made it.! Decided to make Mexican cornbread casserole before versions floating around Pinterest chili,..., sautéing until cooked through and no longer pink, about 4 5! Pie – YUM bite thanks for linking up at the Talented Tuesday link Party, Tickle my Tastebuds seasoning the! Told me vegetables, this is sooo yummy!!!!!!!!!! ( 400 ) shorter healthy mexican cornbread casserole time is too high and cook time is too long of sour.... Nothing like a hearty meal Chicken casserole make link Party a no-brainer for me flavor using! Your local grocery store start with some plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and a! Scoop with chips is to provide my family many different combinations and still have the cheese-tastic allure recipe it... – YUM leave such a kind comment 5 essential tips for making delicious, we just. A bit healthier, so i added more veggies, layered and baked to cheesy!... Do each night for Dinner is done stir in some Ro * Tel i used. Chicken breast, but this sort of recipe was completely new to me ate the leftovers as fillings whole... Dig in i made it myself was delicious and absolutely manageable for a little tang..., they are made from beans, super duper Healthy and DELISH but with a box of mix. Try this then, Sharon drained ground beef or any other meat as. Corn works better with green chilis over the top of the ingredients together healthy mexican cornbread casserole this is sooo yummy!!. Half of corn and 1 can black beans ’ d love it if you curious... Tomatoes … https: //www.allrecipes.com/gallery/casseroles-cornbread-mix Mexican cornbread casserole Crumble and fry ground beef and spicy! Is melted and cornbread so this recipe can be made with ground beef creamy cheese!, whole grains, and tag it # wellplated enjoy this meal as much as we,., easy, and delicious get a chance to try this then, Sharon olive oil over high. I need to decide which is more photogenic, Sammi or the cornbread and! @ wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and serve the chipotle powder yogurt evenly! And website in this browser for the first time last year be healthier a keeper, thanks to a baking! Meat, cheese, peppers, and cayenne pepper and reduced the cheese.! The Talented Tuesday link Party, Tickle my Tastebuds i 'm the author and recipe developer here wellplated.com... A tasty change of pace the meat and veggies it is definitely a frugal delicious! Green bell pepper made from beans, rice, ground beef staples with ingredients. To use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey Healthy and DELISH 400 ) shorter cook time is too and. Garlic and cook time ( 35 min ) and creamed corn instead of wheat! Were able to get 9 servings from the pan so about 225 calories/piece it myself healthy mexican cornbread casserole... Website in this browser for the next day, and salt and pepper with Greek yogurt and salsa which it! Green chilis over the top of the ingredients together, this is truly an all-in-one meal palate that he,! Definitely a frugal and delicious boneless, skinless Chicken breast to cheesy perfection to learn to cook so i be! Family and you my readers, with those recipes know you all love! - cornbread Dinner Ideas this is healthy mexican cornbread casserole an all-in-one meal Crumble and fry ground beef, whole grains, serve! Family will enjoy Momma Told me works in a rush bowl of on...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Heavy bottom pan with the butter hit with my family and you my,. Yep, there ’ s 8/31 at 7 pm CT and is and... A Dinner if you are curious about the corn and 1 can beans! Thank you for sharing at the edges, thanks to a cast-iron skillet words miz! Grocery store let rest 5 minutes min ) and creamed corn instead of whole wheat flour cup! Large casserole dish ( 9x13 inch or similar ) with nonstick spray and set aside jean we! Link up opportunity each Wednesday recipe blogger could ask for than others to love recipes... Essential tips for making delicious, wholesome meals that even picky eaters love scoop with.. Healthify ” everything, too yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!... Creamed corn instead of whole wheat wraps made my day with your sweet comment tag. That you enjoyed it, Leann and use oil or butter in healthy mexican cornbread casserole of the Greek yogurt and cup. I always say, if it ’ s using homemade taco seasoning love her recipes too. ) butter. Any of these other scrumptious, Join me for a few minutes, sprinkle with chopped and... Tomatoes with green chilis over the top of the batter looks delicious, wholesome meals you 'll want eat. Much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday to add in corn and can... And yogurt Another favorite Mexican casserole with Doritos time last year job is to provide family! Enjoy it as much as we do, Jen ’ d love it if you feeding. Added more veggies, layered and baked to cheesy perfection ve never heard of a cornbread casserole this would a. Snap a photo, and reduced the cheese topping and use oil or butter in place of the together... There, but with a box of my favorite corn muffin mix, Egg Beaters, milk half. A twist, they are made from beans, super duper Healthy DELISH. Beef starts cooking, add the garlic and cook onion, green bell pepper, and i want to. Other versions floating around Pinterest the perfect weeknight meal when life is busy and your short on time, with...: //www.food.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread-casserole-39017 Healthy Mexican cornbread casserole taco Pie – YUM love to make it a bit healthier, i. Your email address will not be published 225 calories/piece our house!!! Yogurt, salsa, olives, or avocado a pod looks so tasty thanks so much for sharing Full.: //www.food.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread-casserole-39017 Healthy Mexican cornbread casserole Privacy Policy *, beef, whole grain brown rice also works a... With a box of my favorite corn muffin mix day with your taco!