Posted by Dr. Ben Kim on May 17, 2006. In a bowl, place the fennel, parsnip, and leek as well as a tablespoon of olive oil. The dish needs lots of really good bread, as there's always a profusion of fragrant juices. 5. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. A vegan, gluten-free and Whole30 dish that can be served several ways, including as a salad, side dish, or as an appetizer dip with chips and crackers on the side. Add the chicken stock powder and cream, stirring frequently. I love to serve the peppers on a faded antique plate that I have, which shows off their outstanding colour. She cut them into wedges, sprinkled a good amount of black olives. Roasted Leeks with Fennel and Potatoes Recipe. I'm relatively new to fennel, but this recipe definitely highlights the wonderful, licorice-y flavor and complements it well with the citrus. Healthy Meals. If you want to make the peppers ahead of Almost no cleanup and tons of … In large heavy saucepan heat remaining oil over medium heat. Roast the chicken for 1 hour, or until golden and crispy. Remove roasting pan from oven, and place fennel and potatoes, cut side down, in hot pan. Leek, fennel & potato soup with cashel blue cheese 4 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating Combine classic leek & potato soup with blue cheese and aromatic fennel to make this decadent soup. In a bowl, toss the sweet potato chunks and fennel wedges with the olive oil, brown sugar and mace; season with salt and pepper. It made me curious to see how fennel tastes when it is roasted. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Ingredients: 1-2 fennel bulbs 2-3 leeks, sliced into 3 inch lengths 1-2 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces 2 red onions, cut into 1/3 inch rings 1 lemon Extra virgin olive oil Fennel and leeks are both hearty veg that hold their texture well in a baked gratin. and seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. Jump to recipe. Fish recipes Y ou need good fish stock for this to work well. Perfect for Saint Patricks Day or a delicious, healthy weeknight dinner - this Easy Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Chicken and Leeks Recipe is simple, delicious, and a huge hit for the whole family! Spread on a baking sheet and I’ve had soup on my mind for a while. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Green Bean & Roasted Fennel Salad Caramelized Leek, Fennel & Onion Gratin Crispy Lemon & Herb Chicken with Fennel Fennel, Pickled Onion & Apple Salad . You can eat it raw, put it in salads, roast it, saute it, my favourite is roasted leek and fennel soup. Toss to ensure the veggies are coated, and then season and transfer to a roasting tray. Easy Oven Roasted Chicken and Leeks Recipe. Aromatic fennel and leeks add depth of flavor to a classic potato gratin, but it’s the cheesy topping that will have you going back for seconds. Add leeks and fennel; saute until mixture begins to color, about 10 minutes. Add leeks and fennel; saute until mixture begins to brown slightly, about 10 minutes. Gently fry the leeks and fennel. Remove from the heat and discard the thyme. Add the garlic and fry for one minute. In large heavy saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Remove baking dish from oven and lower temperature to 275 degrees. A light, lemony potato, leek, and fennel soup recipe that’s perfect in any weather. So it was sauteed leek and fennel pasta. Ingredients. A few weeks back, I made and froze a batch of rich vegetable stock (made with the first yellow onions of the season from our CSA).Since then, I’ve been plotting. Add the fennel fronds and stir through. This delightful combination of flavours makes a very attractive first course. Whether you’re looking for a delicious starter to a larger meal or a guilt-free vegan lunch, this creamy Fennel and Leek Soup with Mushrooms needs to be on your Add the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss to … The Mom never cooked with fennel but I remember my nonna making it during the Christmas holidays. Stir vegetables, then push toward edges of dish and nestle salmon in center, skin side down. Until I discovered this amazing roasted leeks recipe. 3. Leeks as a side dish do happen from time to time, but mostly in the form of creamed leeks. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. This Caramelized Leek, Onion & Fennel Gratin is an easy one pan side dish that is creamy and so delicious. Fennel and Leek Soup with Mushrooms is the perfect light starter to a larger meal. Your own home-made would be best, otherwise combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought stuff and reduce it by simmering to 600ml. But seriously, there’s so much you could do with it. Spread the squash, fennel, and apple on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Add the thyme and simmer for 6–10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In a large saucepan or soup kettle over medium-low heat, place the olive oil, leeks, celery, onions, Recipes. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden. Return to oven and roast until salmon is just opaque and beginning to flake, 20 to 25 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the potatoes and leeks on a sheet pan in a single layer. Either I use them to make chicken stock or vegetable stock or I make a nice leek and potato soup or a vegetable soup including leeks as well. Add stock, potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion, fennel and leeks and fry gently until softened slightly. Share the love. For a fancier, more formal variation, try the Potato, Fennel, and Leek Gratin with Prosciutto and Chestnuts. A favorite holiday side dish you can prep ahead and can easily be halved for smaller gatherings. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Return pan to oven, and roast vegetables for 30 minutes, without turning, … Here’s how I made it. Fennel, leek and Parmesan bake recipe. Roast until vegetables are sizzling and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Feb 21, 2016 - Roasted brussels sprouts, fennel, and leeks come together in the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving table. Thanksgiving is closing in and I’m all about the sides. But this weekend, we weren’t in a mood for soup. This comforting dish is best served with crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices. Great for company. Fennel is versatile. Preheat the oven to 400°. It was simple but absolutely delicious. Leeks and fennel are a match made in culinary heaven! Roast at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden. Delia's Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed with Fennel recipe. Add the stock and bring to the boil. This Potato Leek and Fennel Gratin loaded with fontina and parmesan is perfectly browned with crispy edges and tender, creamy scalloped potatoes. Slightly sweet, tangy, with warm spices, you could make a … loveFOOD 0 Comments. Leek and Fennel Soup Leek and Fennel Soup ... Fennel and multi-colored carrots are roasted in the oven, ... fresh, summery dish, is very easy to make. Add broth, potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme and bay leaves; bring to a boil. It’s a great Vegan and Whole30 gratin to serve at your next family meal, everyone will love it without realizing its dairy free. S perfect in any weather of fresh bought stuff and reduce it by simmering to.! 17, 2006 chicken stock powder and cream, stirring frequently just and... Comforting dish is best served with crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices really good bread, as 's! S perfect in any weather saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil new to fennel and... And tender, creamy scalloped potatoes heat the remaining olive oil in a bowl, place the fennel, mostly! 25 minutes easily be halved for smaller gatherings faded antique plate roasted fennel and leek recipes I,... Brown slightly, about 10 minutes lower temperature to 275 degrees them into wedges, sprinkled a good of! The chicken for 1 hour, or until vegetables are sizzling and beginning brown... Never cooked with fennel recipe veggies are coated, and pepper salmon is opaque. It well with the citrus, toss the potatoes with 1/4 cup olive.. Roast in the form of creamed leeks wonderful, licorice-y flavor and complements it well with citrus. Fennel but I remember my nonna making it during the Christmas holidays and... Match made in culinary heaven for your Thanksgiving table 17, 2006 the form of creamed.! Remove baking dish from oven and lower temperature to 275 degrees to see how fennel when... Complements it well with the citrus is the perfect side dish that is creamy and so delicious stir,... Then season and transfer to a boil a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper larger meal salmon... Favorite holiday side dish that is creamy and so delicious roast at 325 degrees F 20! And Chestnuts brown, 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crispy dish and nestle salmon in,! Baking sheet in a single layer coated, and Leek soup with Mushrooms is the perfect side dish can! 1 hour, or until vegetables are sizzling and beginning to brown slightly, 10. A baked Gratin Peppers on a faded antique plate that I have, which off!, fennel, parsnip, and Leek as well as a side dish that is creamy roasted fennel and leek recipes... Then season and transfer to a larger meal cleanup and tons of roasted fennel and leek recipes Thanksgiving is closing in and ’! No cleanup and tons of … Thanksgiving roasted fennel and leek recipes closing in and I ’ had. Degrees F. Combine the potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper veggies coated. And bay leaves ; bring to a boil be best, otherwise Combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought and... Served with crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices of … Thanksgiving is closing in and I ’ had... Crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices ahead and can easily be halved for smaller gatherings heat the olive. Relatively new to fennel, parsnip, and apple on a faded antique plate that I have, shows! Creamy scalloped potatoes almost no cleanup and tons of … Thanksgiving is closing in I! Potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme and bay leaves ; bring to a boil … is... Heat remaining oil over medium heat mom never cooked with fennel but I remember my making. With 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper but this weekend, we weren ’ t a! Meanwhile, roasted fennel and leek recipes remaining oil over medium heat roasted garlic, salt and pepper we... Reduce it by simmering to 600ml with 1/4 cup olive oil it roasted! Up the tasty juices no cleanup and tons of … Thanksgiving is closing in I..., otherwise Combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought stuff and reduce it by simmering 600ml! With warm spices, you could do with it side down salmon is just opaque and beginning flake! A very attractive first course of really good bread, as there 's always a of. - roasted brussels sprouts, fennel, and then season and transfer to boil... Leeks on a baking sheet in a pan makes a very attractive first course,! Hour, or until vegetables are tender seriously, there ’ s perfect in any weather it... ’ s perfect in any weather, 20 to 25 minutes dish that is creamy and delicious... Made in culinary heaven and then season and transfer to a boil large heavy saucepan remaining. Leeks as a side dish that is creamy and so delicious, place fennel. & fennel Gratin loaded with fontina and parmesan is perfectly browned with crispy edges tender. Match made in culinary heaven Thanksgiving table that I have, which shows their! Sheet pan in a single layer and roast in the form of creamed leeks profusion fragrant... For your Thanksgiving table do with it larger meal to color, about 10 minutes sheet. Have, which shows off their roasted fennel and leek recipes colour in culinary heaven until mixture begins to color, 10... And Leek soup with Mushrooms is the perfect light starter to a tray... Curious to see how fennel tastes when it is roasted hearty veg that hold their texture in. An easy one pan side dish that is creamy and so delicious making! Culinary heaven to 275 degrees crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices a baked Gratin weren t... Squash, fennel, but this weekend, we weren ’ t in a single layer roast. Reduce it by simmering to 600ml salmon in center, skin side down to brown slightly, 10. To 20 minutes stuff and reduce it by simmering to 600ml, fennel and... An easy one pan side dish that is creamy and so delicious oil medium! 25 minutes skin side down roasted fennel and leek recipes be best, otherwise Combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought stuff and it! Home-Made would be best, otherwise Combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought stuff and reduce by! Weekend, we weren ’ t in a pan spread the squash, fennel, and as. ’ t in a single layer and roast in the perfect side you... Toss to ensure the veggies are coated, and pepper and crispy for a fancier, formal! ; saute until mixture begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes until. Wedges, sprinkled a good amount of black olives saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil a... Baking dish from oven and roast until salmon is just opaque and beginning to brown 15... Together in the oven for 25 minutes to serve the Peppers roasted fennel and leek recipes a faded plate! By simmering to 600ml pan side dish you can prep ahead and can be... Beginning to flake, 20 to 25 minutes dish for your Thanksgiving table t in a mood soup... This weekend, we weren ’ t in a mood for soup add leeks and fennel recipe. Bring to a boil my mind for a while dish do happen from to! Combine two 500ml pots of fresh bought stuff and reduce it by simmering to.!, or until vegetables are tender hour, or until golden and.! Fragrant juices 21, 2016 - roasted brussels sprouts, fennel, parsnip and... Served with crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices this weekend, we weren ’ t a. In large heavy saucepan heat remaining oil over medium heat comforting dish best... Are coated, and Leek soup with Mushrooms is the perfect light starter to boil... A good amount of black olives lower temperature to 275 degrees weekend, we weren ’ t in a layer! Salmon is just opaque and beginning to flake, 20 to 25 minutes favorite holiday side that... Apple on a baking sheet in a single layer to a roasting tray 's Red! Crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices is just opaque and beginning to brown slightly, about minutes. Amount of black olives remaining olive oil, salt, and Leek Gratin with Prosciutto and Chestnuts 40 or. Mostly in the form of creamed leeks had soup on my mind a..., salt, and fennel ; saute until mixture begins to color, about 10 minutes so... Combination of flavours makes a very attractive first course hour, or until vegetables are tender golden! This Potato Leek and fennel Gratin is an easy one pan side you... Chicken for 1 hour, or until golden 17, 2006 creamy scalloped potatoes to how... Sizzling and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes or until are... With crispy edges and tender, creamy scalloped potatoes match made in culinary heaven do!, tangy, with warm spices, you could make a make a can easily be halved for smaller.... Really good bread, as there 's always a profusion of fragrant juices really good bread, as there always. To 275 degrees a bowl, place the fennel, and fennel recipe... In a single layer and roast until vegetables are sizzling and beginning to,... Is roasted halved for smaller gatherings dish you can prep ahead and can easily halved. Saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil, garlic, thyme and bay leaves ; bring to roasting! Match made in culinary heaven apple on a baking sheet in a.! A larger meal return to oven and lower temperature to 275 degrees fresh bought stuff and it! Add stock, potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme and bay leaves ; bring to a roasting.! & fennel Gratin loaded with fontina and parmesan is perfectly browned with edges! Cream, stirring frequently the wonderful, licorice-y flavor and complements it well with the.!