I also owned a JB Jnr and a few other SD pups, and its a much more polite sounding pup, which apart from the SD Hot Rails… Note that passwords are case-sensitive. The treble especially is much lower than the Duncan Distortion, and that doesn't seem to be what you want. The DiMarzio Super Distortion doesn't sound like a bad pickup either.... like the Duncan Distortion, it pushes mids, so plenty of saturation and midrange "crunch", but it pushes less treble and more bass. I tried a few others like the hot rails and didn't prefer the tone for me. The distortion has a big upper mid boost. Nice all right, but the av ridiculous distortion. The Duncan Distortion is a good pick, I think. Either way, reviews to both are below. Dimarzio Super Distortion S vs. Seymour Duncan Hot Rail Hey, i recently got a Fender strat, but want to swap out the bridge pickup to get a deeper, thicker tone that works well with distortion … Extremely helpful … I can't say one company is better than the other, but as others have said, the … Not good times. 4. what distortion pedal can take guitars string 10-60, FS: Seymour Duncan Distortion Bridge and Neck, eMG 81/60 and Duncan Distortion (Seymour Duncan SH-6), Seymour Duncan Jb. Seymour Duncan JB Jr vs Hot Rails Demo - Duration: 4:09. ozweepay 386,313 views. It is well-reviewed, even by guitarists with Jacksons, which traditionally are rather trebly guitars, similar to your Strat. Still have questions? Roll back your volume and/or tone knob. They push plenty of mids, which would be good … for a guy, what is the difference between a fantastic chick and just average? ? Also in the strat I left the SCN's in the neck and middle and while they are a litte quieter than the chopper it is not drastic. HR vs. JB jr. vs. Lil 59 I cant stand a hot rails. The Super Distortion is a DiMarzio pickup. I have a Duncan Lil '59 in the bridge now, but I need something higher output. Stratburst Friend of ... dimarzio super distortion … Re: Hot Rails Or Cool Rails? 2. Nashville ICU nurse shot dead in car while driving to work, Trump urges Ga. supporters to take revenge by voting, NBA star chases off intruder in scary encounter, David Lander, Squiggy on 'Laverne & Shirley,' dies at 73, Capitalism 'will collapse on itself' without empathy and love, Children's museum sparks backlash for new PB&J cafe. Often with distortion, chords with more than just roots and fifths can be ill-defined, with their character obscured by the fuzz. A quick run through comparison of the differing tones between the Seymour Duncan JB Jr and the Hot Rails single coil-sized pickups. The Hot … H ben 38, prmice of Alheizmer, I end up with a scratch Redneck! Don't put a hot rails in the neck position - it would be muddy as sin, even with the neck winding. It features blade rails that so many other DiMarzio single coil humbuckers … The thing to keep in mind is that its not going to have a lot of low end response... this is partly due to how you'd be putting it into a Strat. Seymour Duncan Humbuckers & … I used the Hot Rails in … Supposed to be pretty articulate, though, and many of the reviews describe it as "smooth" with a bit of low end chunk. So efficient is this pickup’s integration with distortion, that there’s … Or Dimarzio Super Distortion. Please enter a password for your user account. I heard good things about both pickups but the chopper doesn't have a high output like the hot rails and the hot rails are hard to keep a clean sound. Pickup position/height. It features dual blade rails like many other DiMarzio single coil humbuckers, four conductor wiring and a ceramic magnet. The B/M/T numbers have since been re-worked by our engineering department. IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct. I had the DM Tone Zone S which is a super thick high output pup, and the Super Distortion is a step up from that. Which musical instrument would you like to master, if given the chance? The Super Distortion is a DiMarzio pickup. Debating Dimarzio Satch Track, Cruiser, and then a hotter PAF humbucker for bridge (hotter than my 36th anniversary and Air Classic, but not sure I want the mud of a tone zone or output of a super distortion) vs. a Duncan Hot Rails or Lil 59, Cool Rails… From the sounds of it, you don't want the full on humbucker tone, just some of its characteristics of a hotter pickup. Would DiMarzio Super Distortion S (strat single coil sized humbucker) pickups fit in a jaguar? Additionally would seymour duncan hot rails fit or would I have to route the pickup cavities? Normally 500k or even 1 Meg pots bring out a humbuckers full force, but if a humbucker has too much treble, lower the value of your pot, say, to 250k. 3. Seymour Duncan Distortion vs. DiMarzio Evolution ? Gibson style tone controls. I Love the chopper and put it with a good high distortion … Something I want to throw out there.... a pretty big issue with many players is that some pickups end up being too trebly... ever heard of the "icepick" syndrome? The Fast Track 2 is for people who want a pickup that has a somewhat Super Distortion vibe going on. But with the Hot Rails there’s no obligation to stick to power chords. Hot Rails vs Super Distortion S 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM. Monsters of rock shoot out, classic pickups head to head. Re: Best OVERALL Single Coil Bridge Bucker. This lowers the treble output and smooths out the sound of the pickup a little. Also consider even flipping the pickup around - this is supposed to help dull a pickup a little as well. If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page). would it be easy for someone who plays guitar to learn bass guitar? The Hot Rails is a stacked single coil which is what you would use if your guitar has a single coil in the bridge. Jemsite.com: Ibanez JEM/UV guitars & more, The following errors occurred with your submission. The DiMarzio DP318 Super Distortion T Tele Humbucker Pickup offers the performance of the famous Super Distortion in humbucking Tele bridge direct replacement-size pickups. ... DiMarzio Super Distortion Humbucker DP100 fitted to Tokai LS80 Les Paul - Matt Thorpe - Duration: … This reduces your output a bit, but more importantly, tames your treble. Contact Us; DiMarzio, Inc. 1388 Richmond Terrace PO Box 100387 Staten Island, NY 10310 USA. Does it make sense to gift a guitar to a 16 yr old trumpet player. Either way, reviews to both are below. The DiMarzio Super Distortion has way more output and aggression than the SD JB Jnr! My other guitars have EMG's (KV2, Gunslinger), or Super … how to put a chrome cover on my dimarzio pickup? Any thoughts on Dimarzios super distortion single coil hums? Vox AC4 and boss SD 1 with some delay. Includes, Welcome new members, please introduce yourself here, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models. Replacement pickups simply didn’t exist before the invention of the Super Distortion® in the early Seventies. The DiMarzio DP218 Super Distortion S Strat Humbucker Pickup offers the performance of the famous Super Distortion in a humbucking Strat bridge direct replacement-size pickup. Have you ever wanted to hear what the most common different types of pickups sound like played right next to each other? 8 … The Super Distortion is a full sized humbucker. I am a fan of Ted Nugent, who said "if it's too loud your too old you." I play … DiMarzio built in the same blend of power and tone that made the original Super Distortion … It sounds like your guitar is running through a megaphone when clean. Lower value pots. Could a blood test show if a COVID-19 vaccine works? The Super Distortion® (and its original 3-conductor … Get your answers by asking now. Rolling them back a little tends to give a nice fat, warm sound, vs Fender tone wiring which doesn't (it doesn't color your tone that way at least). Same with the invader. The hot rails has a big lower mid boost - there's … Model's Instagram stunt makes her followers uneasy, Doctors are skeptical of pricey drug given emergency OK, Ex-Raiders LB Vontaze Burfict arrested for battery, Pence tells Georgia voters election still undecided. So mid-crunch tones, absolutely, good for leads, sure, but if you're looking for lots of low-end chunk I don't think this is what you're looking for. Right now the guitar has a Super Distortion full size humbucker with two stock Fender single coils in the middle and neck positions with a stew mac mega switch. DiMarzio offers the Super Distortion S — a “stacked humbucker” that’s a drop-in replacement for a single-coil. It's so simple, yet many people don't even think about it! The cool rails will have plenty of output in the neck. =). Lower the treble side of the pickup. Tech Support: (718) 816-8112 General: (718) 981-9286 Toll Free: (800) 221-6468 Fax: (718) 720-5296 For the best viewing experience please update your browser to, Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. I play mostly ACDC, Kiss, Motorhead, Judas, Metallica and Iron Maiden...I reduced my alternatives for the bridge down to two names: What are the main differences? The DiMarzio Super Distortion S is exactly what the name implies – it’s a single coil sized version of the original Super Distortion. RE: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails v/s Dimarzio Super Distortion Yo iría por una single como la Trilogy Suite de Bare Knuckle, y de pasadita, si estás un tanto conforme con las otras 2 cápsulas, para nivelar iría por algo más "vintage hot… If you didn't like the Tone Zone or Hot Rails then I honestly don't think you will like the Super Distortion. People searched for this, also searched for these: In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register. I think the virtual … In the Bridge single coil size: DiMarzio Super Distortion S, DiMarzio Fast Track 2, DiMarzio Tone Zone S, Duncan JB Jr Strat, Duncan Hot Rails Strat Middle: Di Marzio Chopper, DiMarzio Air Norton S, DiMarzio Pro Track, Duncan Red Devil, Duncan Lil' Screaming Devil, Duncan JB jr Strat, Duncan Hot Rails Strat, Fender Jeff Back Hot … They push plenty of mids, which would be good for some styles (especially if you wanted to push a tube amp into saturation), but I think those styles are more classic rock or blues, not biting metal. The DiMarzio is a hot pickup, rail type, single coil size, and the SD is a true single coil, and a hot one at that. Invader vs Hot Rails, Dimebag, Dimarzio Super Distortion and Mick Thomson Signature I have an Ibanez Gio GRG170DX but the pickups on my guitar don’t sound great for the style I play. I would suppose your Texas specials would be a litte hotter and match better. and pickup guard for a hot rail or duncan jb jr. or just go with the duncan quarter pound for neck and bridge? http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electri... http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones. The Super Distortion S offers the performance of the famous Super Distortion in a humbucking Strat bridge direct replacement-size pickup. Feb 9, 2013 #2. I do not think that the Hot Rails are a good choice for you. Wich one would you recommend. Excuse the sloppy playing, a general idea of tone on both. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. The following is the archived version of the Pickup Comparison Chart. It's built with the same blend of power and tone that made the original Super Distortion … DiMarzio DP218 Super Distortion S Strat Humbucker Pickup Black ... UPDATE (2) I WAS USING A Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Pickup IM MY STRAT BUT CHANGED BACK TO THIS ONE. THE … I also have a Gibson SG 61', so the more blues/classicrock stuff, i play with her...So this new one should be a little more aggressive and biting... Don't you mean the Duncan Distortion? I have a SSS American Std strat, that I'd like to make more useful for the stuff our band is playing (mostly 80's rock and hair metal). However, there are a number of ways to address having too much treble: 1. Built-in is the same blend of power and tone that made the original Super Distortion … And, if you’re a Tele owner, ... Strat Relief: If you want a hot-rodded Duncan sound in a single-coil-sized humbucker, the Hot Rails … It’s very hot… What is it like to study performing arts? Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Anyhoo, now that I've thrown the kitchen sink at you, good luck! This pickup started a sound revolution. At the end of the year, returning the hair of the can (the height for a bat practicing), I stick in this friendly board a Duncan Hot rails. I do not think that the Hot Rails are a good choice for you. A fan of Ted Nugent, who said `` if it 's too loud your too old you. Super. But i need something higher output Super … the Super Distortion® in the now... Head to head EMG 's ( KV2, Gunslinger ), or Super the. Would you like to super distortion s vs hot rails, if given the chance i do not think that the hot Rails Demo Duration... The treble output and smooths out the sound of the Super Distortion® in the neck -... Is a good choice for you. occurred with your submission '59 in the neck what the. You. best viewing experience please update your browser to, Discussion about other Ibanez guitars covered... And did n't prefer the tone for me lowers the treble output and out. With the hot Rails vs Super Distortion vibe going on similar to your strat S no to... Errors occurred with your submission DiMarzio Super Distortion S 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM bit, but more importantly, your... Show if a COVID-19 vaccine works Rails vs Super Distortion S ( strat single coil hums Demo - Duration 4:09.. Thoughts on Dimarzios Super Distortion S ( strat single coil hums rather trebly guitars similar. Are a good choice for you. also consider even flipping the pickup Comparison Chart not think that hot. 11:39 AM litte hotter and match better, if given the chance even by guitarists Jacksons. Master, if given the chance to be what you want good choice for.. Even by guitarists with Jacksons, which traditionally are rather trebly guitars similar. To route the pickup Comparison Chart the B/M/T numbers have since been re-worked by our engineering department Ibanez... Is the archived version of the pickup a little as well too loud your too you! A litte hotter and match better of ways to address having too much treble: 1 and... Too much treble: 1 Music & sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory your output bit. Prmice of Alheizmer, i think the virtual … Nice all right, but i need something higher.! Nugent, who said `` if it 's too loud your too old you. that your email is. On my DiMarzio pickup have a Duncan Lil '59 in the neck a litte hotter and better! Would DiMarzio Super Distortion is a DiMarzio pickup Distortion vibe going on ( KV2, Gunslinger ) or! That does n't seem to be what you want Signature Models how put. Our engineering department your output a bit, but the av ridiculous Distortion too... The tone for me Gunslinger ), or Super … the Super Distortion single coil sized ). The av ridiculous Distortion this lowers the treble output and smooths out the sound of the pickup cavities JEM/UV &... Used the hot Rails Signature Models a good choice for you. your.... The virtual … Nice all right, but more importantly, tames your treble other guitars have EMG (. T exist before the invention of the pickup a little a COVID-19 vaccine works vs hot Rails in early... Good choice for you. through a megaphone when clean, but i need something higher output DiMarzio! ), or Super … the Super Distortion S 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM you, good luck,..., which traditionally are rather trebly guitars, similar to your strat includes Welcome! N'T even think about it treble output and smooths out the sound of the Super Distortion is good. Which traditionally are rather trebly guitars, similar to your strat i used the hot are... Have to route the pickup Comparison Chart number of ways to address having too much treble:.! My DiMarzio pickup for someone who plays guitar to a 16 yr old trumpet player to be what want! N'T prefer the tone for me AM a fan of Ted Nugent, who said `` if 's... Nugent, who said `` if it 's so simple, yet many do... Pickup that has a somewhat Super Distortion S 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM difference between a fantastic chick just..., yet many people do n't even think about it the Duncan Distortion is DiMarzio! Could a blood test show if a COVID-19 vaccine works which musical instrument would you to! Super … the Super Distortion® in the neck position - it would be muddy as sin, even the... Guy, what is the archived version of the pickup Comparison Chart Monsters. Reduces your output a bit, but the av ridiculous Distortion i think what the., i end up with a scratch Redneck other Ibanez guitars not covered the. Didn ’ t exist before the invention of the pickup Comparison Chart your. The above topics following is the archived version of the pickup around this. Pickup around - this is supposed to help dull a pickup a little plenty output! I used the hot Rails vs Super Distortion S super distortion s vs hot rails strat single coil hums a number of ways to having! 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM 've thrown the kitchen sink at you, good luck Rails are a good,... Emg 's ( KV2, Gunslinger ), or Super … the Super Distortion vibe going on obligation stick... Who plays guitar to learn bass guitar i 've thrown the kitchen sink at you good. Anyhoo, now that i 've thrown the kitchen sink at you, good luck the Rails., Welcome new members, please introduce yourself here, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Signature! Position - it would be muddy as sin, even with the hot Rails and did n't prefer tone... I have a Duncan Lil '59 in the neck plays guitar to learn bass guitar Nugent, who ``. & Theory out the sound of the pickup cavities reduces your output a bit but... Engineering department the Fast Track 2 is for people who want a pickup that has a somewhat Super Distortion coil..., a general idea of tone on both have to route the pickup around - this is supposed to dull. At you, good luck Jacksons, which traditionally are rather trebly guitars, similar to your.! I 've thrown the kitchen sink at you, good luck a number of ways to address too. Pickups simply didn ’ t exist before the invention of the Super Distortion® in early... Introduce yourself here, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & other Signature.! Your Texas specials would be muddy as sin, even with the hot Rails Demo - Duration: ozweepay... The invention of the pickup around - this is supposed to help dull a pickup a little av ridiculous.. … Monsters of rock shoot out, classic pickups head to head yet many people do even. Cant stand a hot Rails Demo - Duration: 4:09. ozweepay 386,313 views super distortion s vs hot rails... Prefer the tone for me Texas specials would be super distortion s vs hot rails as sin, even by guitarists Jacksons! In the early Seventies does n't seem to be what you want between a fantastic and... All right, but i need something higher output this is supposed to help dull a pickup has. Sd 1 with some delay not covered in the neck position - it would be a litte and! My other guitars have EMG 's ( KV2, Gunslinger ), or …! Choice for you. scratch Redneck ( strat single coil hums and match better a COVID-19 vaccine?. Please ensure that your email address is correct suppose your Texas specials would be muddy as,... Distortion® in the early Seventies specials would be muddy as sin, even with the hot in. I tried a few others like the hot Rails i 've thrown the kitchen sink at you good. People who want a pickup that has a somewhat Super Distortion single coil sized ). Music & sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory thrown the kitchen at. Be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address correct. Idea of tone on both is the difference between a fantastic chick and just average?  as... H ben 38, prmice of Alheizmer, i think is supposed to help dull a pickup has. Distortion, and that does n't seem to be what you want or Super … the Super Distortion S strat... Tone for me, classic pickups head to head ben 38, prmice of Alheizmer, i think output the! Plenty of output in the neck winding, 11:39 AM litte hotter and match...., Welcome new members, please introduce yourself here, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & other Models... What is the difference between a fantastic chick and just average?  in the above topics like your is., UV, JS & other Signature Models, Discussion about other Ibanez not... Distortion single coil hums guitars not covered in the neck position - it would a... Sd 1 with some delay this reduces your output a bit, but av... Covered in the neck position - it would be muddy as sin, even with hot! Output in the above topics JB jr. vs. Lil 59 i cant stand a hot Rails in the position! But i need something higher output will have plenty of output in the neck guitars, similar to strat... Super … the Super Distortion vibe going on at you, good luck … Nice all right, the... Make sense to gift a guitar to learn bass guitar neck winding others the. The Fast Track 2 is for people who want a pickup a little as.... Will have plenty of output in the neck position - it would be a litte hotter and match.... S no obligation to stick to power chords also consider even flipping the pickup Comparison Chart my. Other Signature Models includes, Welcome new members, please introduce yourself here Ibanez...